Yamaguchi Tadashi - Tea, Alcohol, Hot Chocolate

Au: Regular/Co-Workers

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN!Reader, alcohol consumption, kinda timeskip kinda alternate universe its really vague cause what exactly he does post time skip for work is unclear, fluffy idiots, vague suggestion of non-consensual sex from a minor character nothing comes of it and he gets beat up don't worry

Word Count: 4.6k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

He remembers the first day he was introduced to the team so clearly. Despite years of breaking out of his shell, learning to communicate clearly and impactfully, becoming a leader rather than a follower; it all broke down as soon as he saw their smiling face appear above a frosted cubicle wall against the brightly lit window that gave them a halo of sun, eyes crinkling.

(L/N), one of many coordinators of the company oversaw everyone's schedule and goals. Within the team, they focused on each person's workload, assigning everyone topics that best suited their skills and communicated with other coordinators to make sure work could be transferred throughout the progress. Kind and considerate, (L/N) almost seemed to parent everyone in and out of the team, considerate of everyone's personal lives outside of work but making sure that no project fell behind schedule.

Yamaguchi soon learned from Amaki, the team leader, that (L/N) nearly didn't get hired (along with many other coordinators) due to higher-level management thinking the position was a waste of money and resources. Even going on to explain that when (L/N) along with their fellow coordinator team was finally hired on, they overworked in their positions to prove their effectiveness. Two years later, as the youngest group on average in the company, not a single coordinator had been fired or replaced, instead often praised and getting small promotions in pay.

Amaki and Yamaguchi nearly choked on their teas as they watched (L/N) knock into the corner of an empty drawer nearly making them tumble over with a stack of papers. "I forget that they're so young until they do something like that and start acting more their age." The old man sighed, brushing a few grey hairs behind his ear before calling out to the coordinator. "Are you okay there?"

(L/N) laughed loudly, setting down the stack of paper to their proper spot. Once looking over their eyes darted between Amaki and Yamaguchi, their laugh slowly becoming a bit staggered. "I'm alright! Just uh." Yamaguchi could feel himself burn an extra degree hotter with every flicker of their eyes that met his. (L/N) sucked in a breath, nodded to the two men, and ran off without finishing their sentence.

Amaki laughed, a deep rumbling sound from his chest. "They've been more skittish lately."

Yamaguchi sipped on his tea, trying to hide his blush, only to start coughing as it went down the wrong pipe. He slowed his breathing as he tried to talk. "Maybe it's from the product launch coming up? Everyone's a bit on edge."