Chapter 27

Steve and Bucky scanned the card to Manuel's suite, slipping behind the door as quick as they could. Looking around the mostly empty room, Steve wandered to the bedside table, picking up a lonely brochure.

Bucky felt underneath the mattress for anything the hotel occupant might have hidden. His hand brushed along what felt like a briefcase as he felt underneath the bed frame. Pulling it out, Bucky motioned for Steve to come close and look at what he'd found.

"Locked with a code." Steve muttered, looking up into Bucky's eyes.

"Do we risk exposure and take it?" Bucky asked, sitting down on the neatly made bed.

Steve sighed, resting next to him and running a hand through his blonde tufts. "As soon as they realize that case is missing, they will bolt and we will miss our chance." Steve scratched at the scruff on his cheek. "Put it back, we'll keep looking for anything else that will give us a location."

Bucky complied, placing the briefcase back underneath the bed, then standing back to his full height. They searched for a while longer, making sure if they moved something it was placed back exactly the way they found it. Bucky made a noise of approval when he moved some magazines and found a slip of paper that was hidden between pages. Taking note of the pages it was hidden in, Bucky retracted the sheet and held it out to Steve.

"Got something, Cap." He murmured, moving to Steve's side. The sheet of paper was blank, which confused both the men, until Bucky remembered something from his time at HYDRA. "Blue light." He whispered, Steve frowning in his direction. "They always hid messages in invisible ink and used blue light to make it visible." Bucky huffed out, scavenging around the hotel once more, before finding a pen with a light at the end. "Jackpot." Bringing the light over the piece of paper, Bucky switched it on, illuminating the words written there.

031 730 3000 – 07 1900
hidra de grindină

Steve frowned, but Bucky shook the paper in excitement. "Bingo!" He shouted. "I'd say these are coordinates for their meeting and they're meeting at seven pm tomorrow night, being the seventh day of the week."

Steve agreed, looking closer over the words. "What are the words written below? Is that Romanian?" Bucky nodded.

"It says 'Hail Hydra'." Steve screwed his nose up along with Bucky as the shorter man placed the paper back where it was after noting down the coordinates. As they moved through the door, Bucky instinctually looked down, only just noticing the piece of tape in time. "One minute, Steve." Bending down as he closed the door, Bucky replaced the tape against the wooden surface, returning it back to what it would have been before they had entered.

They made their way back to the club, slipping in through the front door and heading to the bar again. Natasha caught sight of them and headed over with two drinks in hand. Steve slipped the card back with their payment. Casting his eyes over the crowd, his stomach dropped as he saw YN on the dance floor, pressed closely against the Romanian man whom had his hands resting on her rear. Sam was dancing nearby with a redhead, barely paying attention to the woman as his eyes connected with Bucky's.

"That man will be the death of me," he grunted, scowl etched in his brow. When he didn't get a response, the brunette turned to his friend, finding Steve's eyes planted on YN's figure as it moved in time with the beat. Catching her attention, the two men slyly nodded, saying the job was done.

YN signaled to Sam to interrupt her sensual dancing, which he obliged, sliding up behind her and placing his own hands at her waist, leaning down to whisper in her ear. With their enhanced hearing, the two super soldiers could hear YN laugh loudly, replying to whatever Sam had said with a "Okay, we will get new drink." Using her Romanian accent that she had been practicing, her Russian background having aided her with perfecting it.