Chapter 49

Previously on Chapter 48

"This is no place for a reunion... let's get inside..." he said. He places his arms around Katara and Sokka's shoulder. He turns to Aang and I, gesturing the two of us to follow along. Aang and I look at each other. He shrugs his shoulders. Then we silently follow the three of them.

-The Sisters-

Y/N P.O.V

Bato is leading the way. I walk next to Aang behind the three of them. "After I was wounded, your father carried me to this abbey. The sisters have cared for me ever since..." he said. I look around and notice a woman turning to look at us.

Bato smiles at her. "These are Hakoda's children. They have been traveling with the Avatars. I found them by my boat..." he said, gesturing to the siblings than at us.

"Young Avatars... it gives me great honors to be in your presences. Welcome to our abbey..." she said. I smile and bow at her. Aang bows as well with a soft smile on his face.

"Thank you, it's truly an honor. If there's anything-" Aang got cut off mid-sentence. "What smells so good, Bato?" Sokka said. Bato sniffs and smiles. "The sisters crafts ointments and perfumes..." he said. "Perfume? Maybe we can dump some on Appa, because he stinks so much. Am I right?" He said, spreading his arms with a huge grin on his face.

"You have your father's wit" Bato said. After a while of silence. While I just give him an unamused face. He just insulted Appa... even though he meant it to be a joke.

Bato leads us to a house. He enters the house, Sokka and Katara following close behind. "Bato! It looks like home!" Katara said, looking around in awe. I take a look around. I've never been to the Southern Water Tribe... so I don't know.

"Everything's here! Even the pelts" Sokka said, as he take a look around as well. Aang looks down to see a bear pelt. "Yeah... nothing's cozier then dead animal skins" he said, sarcastically. I just shiver at the sight. Aang and I are both vegetarian, so having to see this kind of things... REALLY put us on edge.

Momo and l/n jumps from our shoulders. They walk closer to the bear pelt. Momo reach out to the bear's mouth. It moves closes and startled both lemurs. l/n jumps into my arms. I can literally feel her shaking. I stroke her fur to calm her down. She eventually start to relax and fall asleep in my arms.

"No way! Stewed sea prunes!" Katara said, opening the lit of a barrel. She looks surprised and delighted. "Help yourself!" Bato said. "Dad could eat a whole barrel of these things!" Sokka said. Bato starts to fill some bowls with the sea prunes.

Aang sniffs it and gagged in disgust. He place it to the side and turn to look at me with a distasteful look. I turn to look at him and raise an eyebrow. I take a sniff as well.

"Sheesh, brother. You are one drama queen. You're exaggerating. This actually smells good..." I said. I scoop some in a spoon. I take a bite. I hum as the taste spread in my taste buds.

"It's delicious..." I said. Bato smiles at me. "There's more here... so help yourself" he said. I nod my head with a smile. I start to eat more as I listen to their conversation.

"Bato... is it true that you and dad lassoed an arctic hippo?" Katara said, turning to look at Bato. "It was your father's idea, he just dragged me along. Well, the hippo did the dragging" he said. I turn my head to see Momo and l/n trying out the sea prunes. But they ended up throwing up. I shake my head at the two lemurs. It's actually not that bad.

"Hey, I ride animals too! There was this one time when I rode a giant eel and I-" Aang tried to say, but he got cut off again. "So, who was it that come with the Great Blubber Fiasco?" Sokka said. Aang looks saddened. I pat his back comfortingly. These three are having a catch up... so it made sense they want to have Bato's full attention.

"You knew about that?" Bato said, chuckling a little. "Everyone does!" Katara said. "What's that story?" Aang asked. "It's a long one Aang. Some other time" Sokka said, waving him off.

"You and dad had so many hilarious adventures" Katara said. "Not all were hilarious at the time, but everything's funny at hindsight..." he said, chuckling a little. I give a side smile.

"Hey, Aang! Please put that down!!" Bato said. I turn my head to see my brother playing around with a fur pelt on his head. "It's ceremonial and fragile..." Bato continues. Aang puts the pelt back on the wall, and sits in the back of the room. He looks upset. I let out a sigh and place my bowl down. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Aang..." I said. He turns his head to look at me. "The three of them are having a little catch up... I hope you don't feel left out because of it. Remember when we reunited for the first time? We ignored the two of them for nearly 24/7..." I said. He let out a soft laugh at the memories. I smile at him and turn my head to the trio.

Bato seems to remember something. "Oh... there's something I need to tell you kids. I'm expecting a message from your father..." he said. "Really??" Katara said, sounding excited. "When?" Sokka said, sounding a little demanding.

"Any day now. Your father said he'd send a message when they reach the rendezvous point. If you wait until the message arrives, you can come with me, and you can see your father again" Bato said. Aang turns to look at me with a worried and sad face. I just give him a reassuring smile.

He lets out a sigh. "I'm going to take a little stroll... do you want to come?" he said. "I'm kind of tired. I think I'm going to sleep..." I said, yawning a little. "Okay... I'll see you later then, sis..." he said. I nod my head, not opening my eyes. I feel a hand on my hair, caressing it softly. "Bye, sis..." he said, placing a soft kiss on my head. "Bye, Aang..." I said, sleepily. Then I slowly drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*