Chapter 13

It was a dull day, the weather matched the mood of the pack. The clouds were tense, seconds from erupting into ferocious thunder and lightening.

The pack was tense waiting for the arrival of the visiting Alpha, they looked like they could explode from either fear or hatred towards the corruptive Alpha. He was from the east of England a place I had not traveled too yet. I had heard rumours that he killed any trespassers on the spot. Many people didn't believe in his ruthless ways but do you think that stopped him? The answer was no. He continued to kill anyone and everyone in his path.

He wouldn't have been able to kill me anyway, like the quote from my favourite book Looking For Alaska "No one can catch the motherfucking fox" or wolf in my case.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by a howl in the distance signifying that he had arrived. I watched as everyone left the room they were in except for Damon, Matt, and me. Since we were the head figures we had to be there when he arrived which I found really stupid. He's not the f*cking king for goodness sake. I looked around, wait. Where was Paul? He was supposed to be here.

"Sorry I'm late" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Paul came running into the room standing next to the right of Matt. Damon looked like he was about to say something but he didn't and chose to just glare at him instead.

It only took minutes before I could hear the pounding of wolves feet coming towards the house. There was a sound of cracking bones in the air before it turned silent.

The door opened and Alpha Bane strolled in like he owned the place, as he walked I could feel the vibrations through the floor. He looked scary, he was buff and over 6ft tall. I could make out a tattoo on his arm, that was peaking out of his top. He had black hair and dark blue eyes, they were cold filled with hatred. His gaze swept through everyone until he landed on me, I felt intimidated but I didn't let it show and stood my ground. He continued to stare at me in the eyes challenging me, and I stared right back not backing down. I don't back down to anything. A cough from Damon interrupted our stare down, but it didn't look like Alpha Bane minded he was loosing interest in me anyway.

"Alpha Bane" Damon said and nodded towards him.

"Alpha Damon, and..." He looked at me.

"Libby" I responded curtly, he raised an eyebrow at me and I raised one back. I felt like the person from the cadburys advert, with the wiggling eyebrows.

"So shall we discuss business" Alpha Bane stated sharply, leaving no room for reply.

"Of course, this way" Damon said, leading him to the office I followed behind slowly. Damon was in Alpha mode, which I had never witnessed before.

"It's clean" Matt muttered, not intending for us to here. He was obviously surprised by the state of the office, clean was an understatement. It was immaculate. I had never seen the office so clean, I could tell that even Alpha Bane was surprised by the state of the office but he tried not to let it show.

Alpha Bane sat down in the chair opposite Damon's desk, I watched as Damon's eyes discreetly narrowed at him. Alpha Bane made a motion with his hands.

"Please take a seat" Alpha Bane said, smirking. I watched as my mate clenched his jaw, from the disrespect he had just received. But he sat down anyway. I understood his reasoning, he didn't want to upset the Alpha that was nearly 3 times the size of him.

"So what did you need to discuss? You didn't go into a lot of detail over the phone" It was weird seeing Damon acting professional, like a true Alpha. But he was good, you could tell the whole pack loved him.

Alpha Bane rested his arms on his knees and leaned over slightly before talking. "I have had sightings of rouges on my territory for the past couple of weeks, none of them have caused any trouble-"

Damon cut him off raising an eyebrow at his statements. "So if they haven't caused any trouble what is the cause of this discussion?"

"As I was saying" Alpha Bane glared menacingly at Damon, making my wolf come forward ever so slightly.

"The rouges have been grouping up, crossing my territory and the other Alphas in the area. They have been sighted, heading to this direction" Damon looked deep in though, before tensing and casting a glance at me quickly.

"Do you think their planning something?" Damon looked away from me and back at the opposing Alpha.

"I don't know, but I would be careful if I were you. You don't know what they could be planning" Damon nodded in understanding.

"Libby, and Matt you are free to go. Paul will you stay for a minute" I had completely forgot the others were in the room with me. Like me, they were quietly observing.

"Come on" Matt whispered grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the office.

"Paul I'm afraid the rouges are going to-" Damon's words were cut off by the office door slamming shut behind us. I growled in frustration, I'm the Luna of this pack I should be able to stay in their meetings. Plus, I know more about rouges from experience, so I don't see why I had to leave.

I walked upstairs and into my room, I immediately tensed. Couldn't I get a break? There on the bed sat a piece of paper, in the cursive writing of S. I slowly walked towards it and picked it up.

The Games are on!
The countdown begins,
You have 3 days until S wins.

~ S

Three days until what? These next 3 days I will have to protect the ones I care for most, I won't go down with out a fight.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Hi guys,
I know I haven't update in weeks, I'm sorry! I have been finding it hard to write but now this book is becoming more exciting it's making it easier. I will be uploading every Sunday, if I can.

This chapter might have some mistakes I haven't edited it.

What's going to happen after the three days are up?

- Liv