Part 17

Once we arrived home Sam and immediately bombarded the two of us questions majority of them being about why we were wet.

"It was raining" I shrugged as my eyes glanced over to Steve.

"Yeah but your absolutely drenched" Sam said again.

"It was pretty heavy rain Sam" I explained.

He obviously wasn't buying it but he stayed quiet. Steve and I both excused ourselves into our separate rooms to get changed.

I quickly got changed and then grabbed the burner phone which was on the bedside table. We'd each gotten one incase something happened or for me and Sam it was the only source kf communication we had with our families.

I trusted Peter not to snitch and I knew even though he looked up to Tony that he wouldn't tell.

I grabbed the phone and dialed his number putting it up to my ear. I waited a few rings before he picked up.

"How's my favorite brother?" I asked as he picked up the phone.

"Pretty good actually" Peter chuckled.

"Someone seems happy" I laughed.

"I asked Liz to homecoming and she said yes" Peter said excitedly.

I could practice hear my brother's smile. A smile then spread across my own face, I always knew how much he liked Liz.

"That's amazing Pete" I laughed.

"I know right I'm so excited" Peter said.

"I'm really happy for you" I said.

"Thanks, May is teaching me how to dance" He said.

I could easily form the image of my head at the sight of my brother dancing awkwardly in his homecoming suit.

"I'm sure you'll be fine" I assured.

"I'm excited but also really nervous it's kind of weird" Peter sighed.

"Peter that's normal" I laughed.

I could hear Peter let out a light laugh. I fell back onto the bed and rested my head on the pillow.

"How have you been?" Peter asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Pretty good actually for a wanted criminal" I teased.

"What's it like living life on the run?" Peter joked.

"Not that bad suprisingly, I mainly just miss you guys" I admitted.

"We miss you too" Peter sighed.

"How's May doing?" I asked.

"She's ok, misses you alot like she honestly never shuts up about you it's exhausting" Peter joked.

"I know I'm just her favorite" I teased Peter.

"Shut up, we all know that the youngest is the favorite" Peter laughed.

"The youngest is also the most annoying" I teased him.

I smiled to myself glad that Peter and I were still close, it was like I was in May's apartment as we teased eachother while I would help him with his homework.

I knee that he didn't help with his homework, Peter was a straight A student and incredibly intelligent, he invented the web fluid not with even the tiniest help from me. He was a genius.

I mainly went to "help" as an excuse to see my brother I'd moved out about two years ago but I always missed him and May too. She was kind of like a second mother to us and she did her best. She may be the shittiest cook the world's ever seen but the effort was there.

"You suck ya know" Peter joked.

"Not as much as you dinghus" I replied a wide smile spread across my face.

"I have to go know though, I'm going to hang out with Ned" Peter said.

"Well you have fun" I said.

"When will you call again?" Peter asked.

"Soon I promise" I said.

"I love you" Peter said.

"I love you too" I replied before hanging up the phone.

I let out a sigh and sat up placing the phone back on the bedside table before heading out into the kitchen.

Steve still hadn't finished getting dressed god knows what he's doing.

"What's Sam cooking for dinner?" I asked Natasha.

"I have no clue as long as he doesn't give us food poisoning" Natasha called out to Sam.

"It was one time and it wasn't my fault!" Sam shouted out.

"Oh right it was the ingredients" I rolled my eyes taking a seat across from Nat.

Natasha chuckled and leant back in her chair.

"I'm making scrambled eggs by the way" Sam said.

Natasha and I let out a groan of annoyance.

"Seriously Sam again?" Natasha complained.

"Is that the only thing you can cook?" I asked.

"I- no I can cook other stuff" Sam said.

I looked over to Natasha and we both knew he was lying. I let out a sigh and stood up.

"Just let me make something Sam" I chuckled.

"Fine then but you're missing out" Sam said backing away.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the stove before going to look through the cupboards. Thankfully we had pasta, something easy.

I grabbed it out of the cupboard and began to cook.

"I thought Sam was cooking?" Steve asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Well he wanted to make scrambled eggs for the millionth time so" I laughed.

"Ah good point" Steve laughed.

Steve walked into the kitchen, his body brushing against mine due to the tiny space as he went to grab some water.

I walked over to the pantry to grab something at the tope but I couldn't quite reach.

"Steve can you get that?" I asked.

Steve nodded and came besides, placing one hand on my waist as he stood behind me towering over me as he grabbed the tomato paste from the top shelve.

He took a step back and handed it to me a slight smirk on his face.

"Thanks" I said.

"Your welcome" Steve replied removing his hand off my waist and going to sit down with the others.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and continued to make dinner.