Chapter 41

After two days of observation in the hospital, Li Mo and Ji Qin returned to continue filming.

After a week, they did not wait for Gu Lixuan's public apology, but a shocking news came.

"Ruifeng Entertainment", where Gu Lixuan is located, held a press conference and announced that they would terminate their cooperative relationship and Gu Lixuan would withdraw from the company's senior management. At the same time, they will stop all of Gu Lixuan's endorsements and filming work. Ruifeng Entertainment is willing to pay all liquidated damages.

This incident shocked the entire entertainment circle.

Xia Liang was reminded by Song Yan on the phone that night to watch the entertainment news. He had a similar reaction with everyone. He didn't expect that Ruifeng Entertainment would suddenly be so ruthless towards their money maker.

Xia Liang soon realized that Ruifeng's move seemed to have sacrificed Gu Lixuan, but as long as Gu Lixuan did not publicly apologize, his reputation would not be damaged. As long as his reputation in the entertainment circle is not lost and the hearts of his fans are not dispersed, there is still a chance to make a comeback. 

From this point of view, Ruifeng Entertainment is still very merciful to Gu Lixuan.

The only thing that makes Xia Liang think more about this issue is that Ruifeng Entertainment would rather pay a large sum of money than sacrifice Gu Lixuan with such great fanfare. Who is this low profile for and what is the other party's real purpose? 

Before he could figure it out, he received a call from an unidentified number. Although he did not know the identity of the other party, he guessed that the person who called him at this time must have something to do with Gu Lixuan's affairs.

After answering the call, he heard a voice with a powerful aura slowly say, "President Xia, don't come. Be safe."

At this moment, Xia Liang filtered all acquaintances with similar voices in his mind but could not find the corresponding face, so he cautiously asked, "Who are you?"

"Ruifeng Entertainment, Ying Mohua."

"It turned out to be President Ying," Xia Liang greeted politely, "I didn't expect you to call me in person."

The other side's phrase "Don't come and be safe" seems to imply that the two sides have some friendship but he just couldn't search his memory bank for such a well-placed figure.

While the other party was talking, he beckoned to Zhou Shuo on his side and signed to him: [Help me find information on Ruifeng Entertainment's management.]

Zhou Shuo nodded, moved a laptop, and started searching for information about Ruifeng Entertainment next to Xia Liang. 

Ying Mohua smiled on the phone, "After nearly ten years, President Xia still remembers me?"

Zhou Shuo turned to the laptop and motioned for Xia Liang to look at the network information showed on the screen.

Xia Liang had investigated the situation of Ruifeng Entertainment before. This entertainment company has not been established for a long time. The legal representative is a woman with an average background. Except for Gu Lixuan, the rest of the artists are not that well-known so he didn't care too much.

However at this moment, it seems that Ying Mohua is the one who speaks more weight in Ruifeng Entertainment. Xia Liang slid his mouse and then found that the vice president of Ruifeng Entertainment was named Ying Mohua.

While continuing to be courteous with Ying Mohua, he pointed to Zhou Shuo signaled him to investigate this person in depth.

"Excuse me," Xia Liang smiled apologetically, "I don't have a good memory, can you please give me a hint?" 

"President Xia is really... how a noble person forgets things." Ying Mohua sighed slightly, his voice sounded a bit lonely, "For so many years, I'm still thinking about you."

Xia Liang frowned slightly, feeling that the other party seemed to have something to say but before he had time to ponder it carefully, Zhou Shuo had already called out Ying Mohua's personal information.

Ying Mohua, whose English name is Morton, is the third in line heir to the Nelson family, one of the seven largest chaebols in the United States.

(chaebol: korean word for a family-owned business conglomerate; rich business family)

"It turns out... it's you." Xia Liang stared at the familiar English name and muttered with enlightenment. 

"Have you remembered President Xia?"

"Morton," Xia Liang smiled, "If you reported your English name first, maybe I can recognize you immediately."

Zhou Shuo looked up at Xia Liang and wondered if it was his illusion. He found that after Xia Liang saw that section of Ying Mohua's personal introduction, the edges and corners of his eyebrows became softer.

This made him feel a little uncomfortable.

"Let's go to the countryside." Ying Mohua smiled, "I inherited the matrilineal family industry after returning to China so I naturally want to make myself more Chinese from the inside out." 

"The industry of your matrilineal family includes Ruifeng Entertainment?" Xia Liang led the topic back to the right track.

Ying Mohua was silent for a moment then said, "The legal representative of Ruifeng Entertainment is my cousin. I was just pulled into the company by her to get some shares."

Xia Liang now clearly understands that Mohua's participation in Ruifeng Entertainment is nothing more than playing a small game for him and because of Ying Mohua's strong background in the United States, his position in the company as a vice president and his actual right to speak even overshadowed his cousin.

"Have you watched today's entertainment news?" Ying Mohua naturally took over the topic, "Ruifeng Entertainment has handled Gu Lixuan's issues. Is President Xia satisfied?"

There was a flash of light in Xia Liang's heart--could it be that the crisis public relations of Ruifeng Entertainment this time is entirely for yourself? 

He has been immersed in Shanghai for many years and he understands the essence of businessmen to seek advantages and avoid disadvantages too well. There is no unreasonable self-devaluation to actively seek reconciliation, unless the other party has a plan.

It's just that, what the other party wants to map from him is not yet known. But his instinct told him that Ying Mohua's appearance might be unkind.

"I don't dare to be satisfied," Xia Liang said lightly, "I only asked Gu Lixuan to apologize publicly in addition to compensation. Your company's move was unexpected."

"This time, it is indeed Gu Lixuan who has done too much." Ying Mohua said sincerely, "Even if I pay ten Gu Lixuans, I have nothing to say."

Xia Liang frowned slightly and the subtle discomfort from before came to his heart again.

Ying Mohua seemed to have sensed all hia suspicions in his silence and continued with a smile, "Of course, this is also mixed with some of my personal selfishness. A brief meeting with Mr. Xia ten years ago. . . I want to feel that again. The result of Gu Lixuan's treatment, please regard it as a meeting gift for you, President Xia. I wonder if President Xia can take the time to get together?"

Xia Liang was silent for a moment, and when he spoke again, the expression on his face was already a little cold.

"Mr. Ying's meeting gift was too heavy. I'm afraid I couldn't afford it. What's more, with Mr. Ying's status, your future is bound to be a bright and boundless future; Xia's future is slender and the climate is not the best. How dare you worry about it? No need to stick to these little things anymore."