twelve

Edlyn hummed a happy melody, searching for her shoes to complete her look. She was excited to get a driving lesson that day. The door to her husband's room opened and revealed a sleepy, messy-haired Jake.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he poured himself a cup of cold water. "I'm taking driving lessons today."

"Who's going to send you?" He asked as he put the cup down. She leaned against the counter and folded her arms, "Daera. I'll probably be back late. We're going shopping."

"Cancel it. I'll drive you there," he said before walking back to his room. She followed him out of annoyance, "Yah! I can't just cancel it like that! She's on her way here! It takes about an hour to drive here from her house."

"Who told you to not ask me first," he said before stopping and turning around, "Park Edlyn, do you want to watch me shower or something? Why are you following me?"

She blushed and went to the living room, sitting on the couch. He and his spontaneous decisions are a pain in my ass, she thought as she texted her best friend to cancel the original plan.

Edlyn watched as people were filling in the forms to take the lessons. Jake waited patiently behind her as he played with his phone.

"Park Edlyn!" The person handling the place called, telling her to get ready and wait for her driving instructor. "Remember to always check your side mirror. And just follow the instructions. We don't want to anger your instructor," Jake said as he looked around the place. She nodded and waved at him before greeting her male driving instructor.

He was smiling at her brightly, telling her to follow him to the car that she'll be using.

"Turn left," the instructor ordered. She nervously turned the steering wheel to the left as she checked her side mirror continuously. "Stop," he ordered again. She pressed the brake and smiled at the small achievement. "Keep pressing," he said again as he reached his hand up to her thigh.

Her eyes widened but she kept quiet as she fixed her position, feeling uncomfortable. When his hand almost reached her private part, she quickly slapped it away, "Mr Jang!"

"Relax. I was just joking," he laughed it off, "Drive."

She took a deep breath and tried to shake off the fear. If Daera or Jay was there, that instructor would've been beaten into a pulp. There was a traffic light in front of them so she stopped the car, waiting for the light to turn green. He sneaked his hand up to her thighs again.

"Mr Jang!" She pushed his hand away. The instructor scoffed, "You shouldn't be wearing a short skirt if you don't want people to touch you."

"It has nothing to do with my outfit. It's not that short anyway. You're just rude because you couldn't keep your thing inside your pants!"

"You little bitch!" He slammed his notepad down and tried to strangle her. She tried to scream and hit him but he was too strong. The car shook aggressively as she was trying her best to escape.

Jake waited patiently as he watched the car stopped at the traffic light from afar. The car suddenly shook violently, making him confused and worried. He ran towards it and saw his wife trying to escape from the instructor that had his hand near her private part.

He clenched his fists and pulled the car door with all his might. The door opened and he grabbed the instructor by the collar before pulling him out. He punched the old man continuously, "You pervert! You strangled my wife!"

Edlyn got out of the car and fixed her shirt before pushing Jake away, "Let's get out of here." Mr Jang stood up and grabbed his notepad before writing a big 'fail' at the top of the paper, "You failed the exam! Don't ever show your face here ever again!"

Edlyn felt annoyed and punched him in the face, letting blood ooze out of his nose, "I don't care! Let's see what people would think if they knew what you did to me!"

"Let's go," Jake grabbed her hand before dragging her out of the place. They both got into his car and she looked away as she sobbed quietly. He felt guilty for leaving her, "Hey. You okay?"

She sighed and wiped her tears, "It was scary."

"I'll have the police arrest him soon. And about your driving lesson, we can just take it somewhere else."

"Can we just go? I don't want to stay here any longer," she begged, her eyes looking at the view outside.