Chapter 15

Kocho Shinobu

3rd pov
After Kocho walked away, Tanjiro was in a bad mood.

"What does she want?"He said biting his finger nails.

Nezuko grabbed his hand to stop his from this bad habit. He smiled softly at his sister, to which she responded with an eye smile since she had her bamboo muzzle.

"Well, there's no need in worrying about that now, is there?" He said smiling.

Tanjiro walked Nezuko to her room and then headed to his own. But what he hasn't saw coming was Obanai's snake following him, but fortunately for him, snakes can't hear anything but they have an excellent sense of smell and sight(depends on the specie). Tanjiro went to bed and when he closed the door behind him and went on his bed he finally noticed Kaburamaru (the snake) crawling in the room.

'Looks like our dear Iguro sempai is trying to spy with his snake, what was it called again? Ah, Kaburamaru. How about I let him do his job for the next two days, but stop him by telling Kocho-san that a white snake was following me around for the past two day? Of course I will! But how did I not notice his before, how long was he around? Well, that question will be answered later.'

After a few minutes of feeling uneasy and observed, Tanjiro fell asleep. Kaburamaru waited a 1 or 2 hours since he entered the room until he climbed on Tanjiro's bed to observe his face, because he was around humans all his life he was able to read their emotions on their faces. But unfortunately for him, Tanjiro was training since he was five to hide his thoughts and emotions from his face in all time, even his sleep, because of his situation as spy for his father. Kaburamaru sat there for the rest of the night and went under the bed when the ray of sunlight came through the curtains. Zenitsu woke up a few moments after Tanjiro and then Inosuke. The three boys talked together for an hour or so until Aoi came knocked on the door screaming that breakfast was ready and that they needed to go to the cafeteria.

"You guys go first, Kocho-san wanted to talk to me, see tou soon."Said Tanjiro walking away.

"See you later Tanjiro-kun."Answered Zenitsu waving his hand.

Tanjiro walked towards Kocho's office, when he arrived he knocked on the door and entered when he heard Kocho telling him to.

"Good morning Kocho-san, hope you had a good night."Greeted Tanjiro closing the door behind him.

"Good morning to you too. Please sit in front of me on the bench."She said pointing the seat in front of her.
Tanjiro sat and Kocho got out a pen a piece of paper.

"I know it hasn't been a week, but I would like to check you again. How much sleep do you usually get each night?"

"8-9 hours per night."

"Suddenly feel fatigued?"

"Nope."

"Do you move around a lot during the day?"
"Just walk."
"Ok, now get up and do 30 push ups in 10 seconds."She said taking out a small clock as Tanjiro got up and started doing his push ups when Kocho gave him the signal.

He was able to do his push ups in the time given by Shinobu.

"Great! Now come here I'll take your heart beat."She said clapping her hands.

Tanjiro walked towards her and she put her stethoscope to his chest and connected the other end to her ears to listen.

"Oh my! You have such good stamina! Do you perhaps know 'Total concentration constant'? Seeing how you can do 3 push ups per seconds."She said backing away from Tanjiro noting the information on a piece of paper.

"Yes, I do know it. My father showed me how to do it when I was young. Oh, and do you know what Hinokami Kagura is? Like fire breathing?"He said going back on the seat.

"No, never heard. But Rengoku-san could help you with that, he uses the flame breath, never mistake fire and flame. You'll be able to train with him in a week or two."She answered.

"Is there anything else you would want to tell me?"Shinobu asked turning to Tanjiro.

"Oh yes, I noticed that lately a white snake had been following me around. I didn't kill it because it never harmed me or Nezuko, but I still find it strange. Could you help me with this?"Said Tanjiro putting his hand on his nape.

"Is that so, pretty strange if you ask me." She agreed.

"If I had a guess, I would say Obanai-san's, you know, the snake he had around his neck at the meeting. He's name is Kaburamaru, he'll go away soon enough."She said pointing her finger in the air.

"Is that so? Well good, that's all I had to say. See you later!" Said Tanjiro walking in direction of the cafeteria.

He arrived to Aoi asking him where he was, to which Tanjiro answered the truth, that he was with Kocho.

"Oh! Ok, anyway, do you want to eat alone or with the two idiots over there?"

"Alone please."Answered Tanjiro.

"Ok, then-"Began Aoi.

"Tanjiro! Come here!"Screamed Zenitsu from the other side of the room.

Sadly, Tanjiro had to go eat with the 'two idiots'. The three ate in silence, to the surprise even Inosuke wasn't screaming, probably because his mouth was stuffed with food. Life was pretty boring for the next week, visiting Nezuko, taking walks outside, secretly talking to his father and the upper moons. The eighth day at the butterfly mansion was the first day of Tanjiro's training with the insect pillar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey! Here's a new chapter!

Miss 25th night
968 words