Chapter 39

"And now, for my next trick..." Vision trailed with anticipation.

"Oh, goodness me." Your sister sighed.

"Who stole my hat? Oh! Oh, stop that rabbit!" He called out after the rabbit was escaping from his hat that had been tipped over on the stage. "I gotta pull a hat out of it!"

"Señor Scratchy's got real star quality, don't you think?" Agnes leaned towards someone as Wanda carried him off.

"Maybe we leave the poor bunny out of this one, shall we?" Wanda suggested, setting the bunny back in his cage.

"Well then, I will just have to pull this hat... out of myself." Vision spoke after picking up the discarded hat. Everyone in the crowd gasped in shock while Pietro looked extatic.

"Vision, no." Wanda rushed over to stop him, but was too late.

"I'm doin' it!" He phased the hat through him as your jaw dropped. "Ah-ha!" Vision laughed with pride.

"If only you all knew our secret!" Wanda used her magic to pull back the curtains and reveal a bunch of mirrors.

"Oh!" Vision looked to notice them.

"Is that how mirrors work?" Beverly asked.

"Shut up, Bev." Dottie ordered.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, for our grand finale, I bring you, The Magnet of Crysteries!" Vision cheered out again.

"The Cabinet of Mysteries!" Wanda corrected with enthusiasm as she rolled it out similar to earlier when they were practicing in the living room.

"Yeah, yeah. What she said. I will now make my wife... disappear." Vision opened the doors and closed them before Wanda could get inside.

"Are you sure you don't want an audience volunteer named 'My husband Ralph?'" Agnes called out with a laugh, making the rest of the crowd laugh along.

"No." Vision abruptly stops his own laughter at the joke. "Abracadabra!" He taps the cabinet with his wand as you look to your sister with confusion and she sends you a worried look.

"Uh, sweetheart?" Wanda gets his attention.

"Yeah?"

"Hi." She smiles.

"Oh."

"What's in the box?" Herb starts a chant.

"What's in the box?" Norm joins in on the chant.

"What's in the box? What's in the box?" The whole crowd is chanting along with your brother as you and Wanda share a worried look, not knowing how to fix this.

"Yeah, what's in the box?" Vision asks with just as much confusion.

"What's in the box? What's in the box? What's in the box? What's in the box?"

"Will you stop?" You snapped at your brother. You sent your sister a nod before whispering the plan to Pietro. You grabbed his shoulder, turning you both invisible before he sped you to phase into the box. The box open and you and Pietro waved at the crowd as everyone claps.

"Oh! Oh, yes! Flourish!" Vision cheered. You stepped out of the box and bowed with your siblings. "Let's get outta here!" Vision pulled you all off stage. "Sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm so stupid." Vision rambled disappointed in himself to his wife once you were backstage.

"Vis? Vis, it's all right. It's all right. It's all right. It's all right. But what is going on with you?" Wanda tried to calm him down.

"I have no idea. I've been feeling weirdy all day!" Vision whined.

"Okay. Okay. Okay." Wanda moved her hand over him to get a feeling of what was wrong. She stopped around his stomach and he groaned in slight pain. "Oh!" She used her powers to pull a piece of gum from him and he looked at it in his hand once he caught it fall out of his mouth.

"Would you look at that? That really gummed up my works, didn't it?" Vision joked.

"Hmm." Wanda hummed.

"Ah, I'm not as funny without it, am I?" He threw it away.

"Well, you're back to yourself and that's all I care about. Now, let's get out of here before Dottie and the planning committee strings us up for ruining the show." Wanda and the rest of you try to rush off back to your house while the others are on stage with Dottie finishing up the show.

"You two, stop right there." Dottie calls out and you all freeze before looking over innocently. "Nothing like what you two just did up here has ever happened in the history of our talent show." Dottie sighed.

"Dottie, we are so..." Wanda started to apologize.

"Hilarious. That was the most hilarious act we've ever seen. Wouldn't you all agree?" Dottie asked the crowd.

"Yes!" The crowd applauded you all.

"Oh, yes!" Vision laughed.

"Come on up. Come on." She waved you all onto the stage. "On behalf of the planning committee, I would like to award you with the inaugural Comedy Performance of the Year." She hands your sister the award.

"Oh, thank you!" Wanda smiled as the crowd cheered once more.

"I have to ask." Natalie questioned us quietly off to the side.

"Hmm." You hummed.

"One second, you're in the crowd the next your in the box. How'd you do it?" She asked with interest.

"Oh, a magician never reveals his secrets. He leaves that to his assistant." Vision answered.

"And she's not talking." Wanda smirked back.

"I had a feeling you'd say that." Natalie claimed. You all bowed once more together before the crowd cheered.

"For the children!" Norm cheered.

"For the children!"

~~~

"You were tremendous, Glamour." Vision tells her as you enter the house again.

"As were you, Illusion." She laughed before sighing.

"Keep it PG" Pietro warned as you walked past the, to get inside. Wanda laughed lightly at his comment before they set down the trophy.

"I don't know what I was so worried about. It wasn't so hard to fit in after all." Wanda commented sitting down on the couch.

"And all we had to do was be ourselves." Vision said while sitting beside her.

"Well, with a few modifications." Wanda shrugged.

"And it was all for the children." Vision said.

"For the children. Well, I think the children might need some popcorn." Wanda stood to get some.

"Wanda." Vision stood with her.

"Hmm, what?" She turned to face him as a bump had formed on her stomach.

"Woah" you gasped at the sight.

"Vision... Is this really happening?"

"Yes, my love. It's really happening." They kissed in a moment of happiness.

"I hate to break up the moment but I'd suggest talking to a doctor before making too many assumptions" you gave your input.

"Yes, of course" Wanda smiled, agreeing to call the doctor over the next day.

———————————————-
Question of the day: what were your reactions to Wandas pregnancy?

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment! There are about 16 chapters left of this story and I can't wait to share them with you.