57│FIRST DAY AT WORK AND LIFE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Are you excited for your first day at work?" Monica asked excitedly as she poured Veronica a cup of orange juice.

"Yeah," Veronica smiled brightly before she tugged at her blazer with pursed lips, "Do you think I should change?"

"You already changed three times," Chandler reminded her, "You're going to be late."

She rolled her eyes and glared at him. "Oh, so this you help me with."

"You're not still upset about that, are you?" He asked in disbelief, "I mean, you got the job!"

"Yeah, no thanks to you," She scoffed as she changed her purse for the fourth time.

When Veronica had been getting ready for the interview process at Pearson and Associates, she'd asked Chandler to sign off on a recommendation letter for her. She thought it would boost her chances of getting the job and he worked in the corporate world so it was perfect and simple.

Well, it was perfect and simple in theory, in reality, it was the total opposite.

"You don't have to read it, Chandler," Veronica huffed, getting impatient, "It's just a standard letter of recommendation. Don't be a bitch. Just sign it."

"I'm not comfortable putting my name on a document I haven't read," He defended.

"I understand," She nodded, "But don't be a bitch. Just sign it."

"'Veronica King is a team player and always proactively her colleagues, no matter the issue.'" He read and scoffed, "I can't sign this. This has more lies than my OKCupid profile."

"Don't be a bitch. Just sign it," Joey deadpanned before he kissed his girlfriend's cheek, "That one's on me, babe."

"Oh, come on!" Chandler huffed, having thought she'd be over that by now.

"Ronnie, you left your Manolo Blahnik heels at our place and I thought they'd go good with your outfit for work today," Joey smiled proudly as he held them up.

Veronica had basically turned the boys' apartment into a runway last night to help her pick out the best first day of work outfit. Her eyes brightened when she saw the stilettos, agreeing that they would go perfect with her outfit. She hadn't found one pair of shoes she liked and that was saying a lot because she had a comical amount of shoes. So Joey was her saving grace right now.

She rushed up to him and all but leaped into his arms, both thankful and proud of him.

"I did good, huh?" He asked with a smirk.

"You did great!" She squealed, "Now, Chanel purse or Dior?" She arched a brow, testing him.

"Definitely the Chanel," He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious.