Chapter 11

Sneha tried to use all her tactics to free herself but the people holding her were just too strong for her body.

"What are you doing? Let me go! Who are you? Help! Somebody, please help!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Neither did the men answer her nor did anyone come for help.

She felt herself being dragged forcefully down the stairs and then, a few minutes later, she was pushed strongly.

Sneha tried to stop herself from falling but she didn't know what was ahead of her. So, her head struck something hard and the characteristic metallic sound resonated in her ears. She immediately removed the blindfold from her eyes in hopes of seeing the source of the sound and her whereabouts.

Looking around her, she soon realized that she was thrown inside a small room with only a small circular hole on the door for ventilation.

"Please, let me out! What did I even do?" She shouted for them when she heard them lock her inside.

"We know about the secret chip that you were carrying in your bag. And, now, Viraj sir will take care of a spy like you." One of the men finally answered.

Sneha stilled for a while.

"Wh.what chip?" She asked, completely confused. However, no answer came and she could only hear the sound of the men's footsteps going away from her.

"Please, wait! There is some misunderstanding. I am not a spy! I didn't hide any chip in my bag!" She kept on shouting in the hope for someone to believe or at least hear her out. However, no one came to her rescue.

She kept on shouting in the dark cell for about fifteen minutes when she got tired and...scared. It was dark inside except for the small hole on the door that allowed some rays of light from a faraway source. She tried to peak outside but saw the completely deserted hallway.

'What is going to happen to me now?' She wondered in fear as she slowly sat on the floor and enveloped herself in a small ball.

She recalled how Viraj doubted her on their first meeting when there wasn't even any solid proof against her. But, now, he would have something physical to doubt her with certainty...even if it was fake.

'How did a chip end up in my bag?' She tried to recall.

Was someone trying to frame her? She tried to think of all the possibilities.

But, the most important thing for her right now was: How was she going to convince Viraj of her innocence? He would never believe her and will probably...hurt her. The thought alone brought more tears to her eyes.

'I should have listened to Priya. I shouldn't have come here to meet him.' She repeated in her mind as she cried her eyes out.

Sneha soon lost track of time. She had no idea how long she was trapped inside when she heard the sound of rapid footsteps coming closer to her. She immediately tried to hide more inside the cell by moving away from the door. She didn't want to meet anyone...especially not Viraj.

.

.

.

Viraj took a deep breath as the anger subsided and was replaced by concern. He had no idea Sneha would actually bring her college bag to the lunch. He was going to ask Ananya to remove the chip discretely tomorrow from her bag. Turned out that he made a mistake.

"That chip was installed by me, you morons! Where is she now?" He asked as he could feel that his men might have taken extreme steps by now, as that is how they were trained.