visiting shyamala'a grave

*Shyamala doesn't have a gravesite since Kamala spread her ashes in India but this is fanfic. Thank you to ReneeThornton8 for the suggestions! Enjoy ❤️*

September 8th, 2021 - 5:00pm

Kamala, Doug and Devi have had an extremely busy day thus far today!

Kamala, Doug and Devi all woke up like they would usually do on any other day of the week but today, they all took showers or a baby bath earlier in their day before they all got dressed to head to the airport!

Once at the airport, Kamala, Doug and Devi all got on Air Force 2 to head to California for a political rally for Gavin Newsom's recall election!

This was the first time that Kamala and Doug have been to California since Kamala became Vice President in January and this was Devi's first ever plane ride and first time ever in California!

Kamala, Doug and Devi all enjoyed their peaceful and relaxing five hour plane ride from Washington DC to California!

Once in California, Kamala, Doug and Devi all loaded in the Vice President motorcade and headed to where Gavin's Newsom's recall election rally was!

Kamala and Doug both really wanted to do this political rally today because they are both very close friends with Gavin and his wife Jennifer as well!

At the election recall rally, Kamala gave as passionate speech about Gavin and the many issues in hand in California! Devi also made his first ever public appearance and first political rally at just one month old!

After the election recall rally, Kamala, Doug and Devi all hung out and caught up with Gavin, his wife Jennifer and their four children Montana, Hunter, Brooklyn and Dutch!

Montana, Hunter, Brooklyn and Dutch have grown up a lot since the last time Kamala and Doug saw them, which was right before the pandemic!

Gavin, Jennifer, their four kids, Kamala, Doug and Devi all part ways after hanging out for a few hours and Kamala and Doug went to In-N-Out to enjoy a special late lunch they don't get a lot anymore since Washington DC sadly does not have In-N-Outs.

Kamala, Doug and Devi all load up back in their SUV that is in the Vice President motorcade, ready to go back to the airport where they will all get on Air Force 2 to fly the five hour flight back to Washington DC, which is home to the Emhoff-Harris family for at least the next four years.

"Did you have fun being home for a few hours, honey?" Doug asks Kamala as he buckles a happy Devi into his car seat to get him ready for the twenty five minute drive to the airport, where Air Force 2 is waiting for them!

Devi is wide awake and is happily enjoying the sights, smalls and sounds of California, which Kamala finds so precious.

Even though Devi will have no memories of this special trip to California, Doug and Kamala will and they will also have many pictures and videos from this special day as well!

"I really did, honey. This quick trip back home was very much needed for my soul. I love Washington DC and I absolutely love and adore my job as Vice President, I get home sick sometimes." Kamala says as Doug sits next to her and wraps his arm around her, holding her close to him.

"I am very glad that you enjoyed today's trip, honey. I really enjoyed it myself. Today was filled with many happy memories for us and for Devi, even though he won't remember a thing." Doug says as he and Kamala both chuckle and smile at Devi who is getting sleepier by the minute.

"Well, we will have many pictures and videos from this day for him to look back on when he gets older." Kamala says with a smile as she kisses Doug and Doug kisses her back.