17. {understanding moonee}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"so... she can't understand other people's emotions?" liam questioned.

moonee was on her way home from kira's house, and while she was gone, liam and franchie came over. the dunbar boy had explained the one-sided argument he and moonee had the same morning, desiring advice from the two people who knew her best.

scott looked at the girl beside him and the two nodded. "basically, yeah."

"which is why she could come off self-obsessed and constantly negative." franchie explained, "but she's neither of those things, she's the most loving person i've ever met."

"it's difficult for her to make emotional connections, because of how she was brought up." scott revealed, "meaning she's quick to dismiss and criticise people, especially you."

"brought up?" liam's face shifted, "you guys weren't raised together?"

"scott!" franchie smacked the alpha's arm.

"sorry." scott apologised, "you're going to have to ask her about that."

the front door opened, and moonee entered the house. she saw her brother and franchie sitting in front of liam and she raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"uh-"

"hi moo!" franchie greeted her.

"hey, moonee."

"hello guys." moonee greeted, "what is this?"

"we are just talking." franchie told her.

"alright." moonee nodded, "i am stuffed from the yukimura's, so i should probably lay down."

"good idea." scott agreed.

"i'm in my room, if you need me."

"you always are!" scott called out as she approached the stairs.

moonee turned back to face him, deciding she wasn't going to let him have the final say. she put her middle and index finger out, controlling the atmosphere with the mere movement of them. she pushed the air over to one of the large pillows and then threw it at scott's face.

the impact was harsh, pushing scott back on his seat while making the freshmen laugh. moonee smiled with triumph and sprinted up the stairs before scott could retaliate.

once scott withdrew the pillow from his face, he gave franchie and liam a glimpse as if he was telling them not to say anything about the incident that just occurred.

"okay... wait, so this means she doesn't hate me, she just doesn't understand me emotionally?" liam questioned the two people who knew moonee best, assuming she was out of earshot.

"oh no, she probably does hate you." franchie shook her head, "but not as much as it seems."

"you're being very mature about this, liam." scott looked impressed.