Chapter 38

SUNSET TURNED her head to the wide sliding door going to the balcony when the man in his back suit opened the blinds to let the sunlight pierce through the glass door into her dark room, blinding her instantly.

She groaned, closing her eyes and reaching for a pillow to cover her face.

"C'mon, time to get your fat ass goin'. You can't just lie on that bed all your life." The asshole spoke in his thick accent from Texas.

"Leave me the fuck alone," she scowled, getting annoyed.

Sunset heard him sigh. 

"Look it's been over two weeks. You should be up and walkin'—"

Bigla niyang inalis ang pagkakatakip ng unan sa mukha niya saka galit iyong ibinato sa kapatid.

"Tang'na mo! How am I supposed to walk when I couldn't even stand?!!! Asshole! Get out!!!" She shouted in anger and despair, her breathing heavy from the emotions.

Yeah... She can't stand. The impact from the fall shattered her pelvis, leaving her skeleton severed into two with only soft tissues connecting her legs to the rest of her body. One of the bones in her legs cracked.

The surgeon already patched her up after hours of operation two weeks ago. Her leg is already fixed with metal wires, plates, and rods to realign it, and she's already after an operation to fix her broken pelvis, pinning it again together but she's just so afraid, angry, and feeling so hopeless.

Afraid that she will never be able to walk again. Angry with her situation and just hopeless. Hopeless...

What else will she be if she never gets on her feet? A fucking burden. Someone who she can't accept to be one. She doesn't want to depend on anybody. Never.

Inilagay niya ang braso sa mata niya ng tumulo ang luha niya. She doesn't want to go back to Ruckus like this. Not a chance. Ilang sandali siyang tahimik na umiyak bago pinahid ang luha niya at tumingin kay Hiru.

Hindi tuminag ang kapatid niya. He just stood there looking at her, with the color of his eyes resembling very much like her brother Midnight. The only difference is that this one has small eyes that squint every time he smiles or laughs. Hiru also has eyes that look blank but really it's just how it is. Those eyes are scams because behind them are full of mischief. This is the same man who brought her the things she needed to that house she lived in for two months before she went to her mission in Cuba.

She doesn't know if it's unfortunate or a blessing to have another brother older than her. But here he is standing before her, annoying every nerve in her. He was the one that took her and killed her target. The asshole she was following. His name is Hiru, he said, but he wants her to call him Midday. Fucking Midday. Like the middle of the day opposite of midnight. Damn, such weird names they got. Sunrise, Sunset, Midday, and Midnight. Tch.

"I don't know why you're dispirited to try and refuse to let your therapist get inside your room. You got Sunrise to show you that there's always hope," he cheekily smiled.

Ugh! That annoying smile again!

"I, Midday to keep that hope," he cleared his throat; she rolled her eyes. 

"Yourself, Sunset, that will shun that negativity and Midnight that will keep your hope when darkness seems to take that from you. Really, you got everythin' so I don't understand why you're fuckin' givin' up. I got all physical therapists for you. You just need to let 'em in. I'm gonna exhaust my wealth if needed just to make sure I got the best doctors, therapists, surgeons— you name it — I'll bring them here to help you walk again," mahabang saad nito.

Huminga siya ng malalim. "I just don't have the will when Death is comatose and here I am." Sunset lifted her hands weakly, showing her lower body. "And the doctors couldn't give me hope that I could walk again. Haven't you heard I could end up wheelchair-bound?" She cried.