1.8

My head was effectively spinning

One minute, I was hot and heavy with Matthew on top of me and I'd wanted nothing more than to throw caution to the wind and lock him up in my room forever, and the next, the boys were barging into my dorm like they owned the place, cutting off any fun times I might've been about to indulge in.

Was I being too reckless with Matthew? Maybe. Was this all moving at supersonic speed? Possibly. Did I want to stop whatever the hell it was we were doing? Abso-fucking-lutely not.

"Elephant! Come on, we need to hit up the quad and find our breakfast spot before class!"

"Dory, if you think I'm waking up even a second before the last possible alarm before I'm late, you're smoking something that's got you higher than the sun."

"Come on, sleeping in is actually bad for you. Pretty sure I read it somewhere."

I was about to disavow him of that notion before Zeke and Lan came up behind him and Lan grabbed him up in a bear hug.

"So, where's Phoebe?"

"Not here yet, I don't think. I'll call her on our way out."

Zeke shot me an appreciative yet shy smile and I could only shake my head and laugh at his behavior. We'd only been trying to set the two of them up for an eternity and every time it wouldn't stick, mainly due to the fact that Phoebe had a penchant for bad boys, but I wasn't about to tell Zeke that.

I didn't need him taking up smoking cigarettes and wearing faux leather jackets and getting a face tattoo simply for her sake, but for Phoebe, he would do it. He was, in a word, starstruck when it came to her.

"So," Lan began, saddling up next to me with a sly grin on his face. "You and that guy, Matthew right? What's the story there?"

I couldn't help but notice Dorian's piqued interest in the subject of conversation so I kept my voice level when I responded.

"He's my brother's best friend, I've known him practically my whole life."

"Yeah, but, what's the story, story? Is he available?"

Lan waggled his eyebrows and I realized with a start that he was asking for himself, not trying to tease me.

"Sorry to break the news, but I don't think he plays for your team bud."

"Well, shit. And he's fucking gorgeous, too."

"You got that right."

It slipped out before I had a chance to monitor my words, but none of the guys seemed to notice my fawning over Matthew, thankfully, as we came upon the student center where I spotted my brand new ex boyfriend and the girl he'd had across his lap at a party in order to make me want to break up with him.