Part 18

I woke up with a start to find Natasha towering over me.

"Y/n we gotta go" Natasha whispered.

"Why what's happening?" I asked sitting up in bed.

"Ross knows we're in Norway so we need to go now" Natasha said.

"Shit" I muttered.

I quickly stood up and began packing up my clothes in a duffle bag.

"Are you wearing Steve's shirt?" Natasha asked.

"Shouldn't you be packing your own stuff" I replied.

"Whatever" Natasha muttered running out of the room.

I quickly changed and grabbed my duffle bag slinging it over my shoulder as I headed out towards the lounge.

"How do we know Ross is searching for us in Norway?" I asked.

"I don't know it was on the news, I'm not sure how he found us" Steve sighed.

"Could one of your guys trackers have alerted him?" I asked.

"I dug mine out" Natasha said.

Steve agreed whilst Sam stayed silent.

"Sam?" I asked.

"It's meant to be deactivated, and look we don't even know if that's the reason he's found us ok" Sam defended.

"Look it's whatever but we need to go" Steve said.

We all nodded in agreement.

"First Sam needs to get rid of the tracker" Natasha said.

"Uh what?" Sam said.

"She's right Wilson" Steve agreed.

Sam let out a sigh and placed his arm on the table showing us his forearm. His fists were clenched tightly as Natasha pulled out a pocket knife.

"Now this will hurt" Natasha said.

Sam nodded and bit his lower lip. Natasha placed the blade against his skin and cut it open causing Sam to shout out in pain.

"I'm sorry" Natasha said, she wasn't actually sorry.

She reached her hand in her face screwing up in disgust as she dug around in Sam's arm until she found it. She pulled the tracker out of Sam's arm and placed it on the table, the tip blinking red.

"See it's on" Natasha said.

Sam brought his fist down on the tracker crushing it.

"Now we definitely have to go" Steve said.

We all agreed and rushed outside heading towards the forest where we had hidden the quinjet. The greenery making a perfect hiding place for a government aircraft.

"I swear I had deactivated it" Sam said.

"You probably reactivated on accident dumbass" Natasha argued.

"Guys be quiet" Steve froze and stuck his arm out.

"I heard something" He whispered.

We stayed silent for a few seconds, my eyes scanning the forest looking for something the absence of light not really helping.

Then we heard it footsteps.

"We gotta go now" Steve whispered.

We continued to walk this time in a hurried pace as we made our way to the quinjet.

"Stop right there!" We heard someone shout.

"Fuck" I shouted out.

"Go, go, go" Natasha shouted.

We all began sprinting through the forest the crisp leaves crunching ubder our shoes as we ran as fast as we could to safety.

I turned my head around to see a SWAT team chasing after us. Sam slipped over a tree trunk but quickly got back up.

"I'm ok" He called out.

We were getting close we could see the quinjet as it reflected the moonlight off of its metal surface.

"We're close" Steve said.

SWAT was growing closer and closer. Steve grabbed the keys to the quinjet out of his pocket and opened up the ramp. It slowly opened up.

I could feel my legs begin to burn as we reached nearer to the quinjet.

"This was not the morning wake up I was hoping for" I called out.

The bottom if the ramp hit the forest floor sending leaves flying in all directions. I ran up the ramp the hard metal juxtaposed to the soft dirt we had just run across.

Then we heard it, gunshots. We all dove down onto the floor of the quinjet as Steve spammed the close button for the ramp, the bullets hitting the metal creating dents in the walls.

The ramp then closed with a bang sealing us in. Sam ran to the pilots seat and fired ul the quinjet.

"C'mon Sam" Natasha shouted as bullets rained down on the jet.

"Hold on" Sam replied.

The quinjet's engine revved a few times before we took off shooting up in the air before.

We were all sitting on the floor of the jet panting, as we only just narrowly escaped capture.

"Fucking hell" I muttered.

"You've got that right" Steve groaned standing up.

He heeded to the back of the jet and held his head in his hands.

"Where to we go now?" Natasha asked Steve.

"I don't fucking now ok" Steve replied in a shout.

He was stressed, we all were.

"I have no idea what the fuck to do ok" Steve said running his hands over his face.

"Sam just fly us somewhere to lay low ok" I told him.

Sam nodded and turned his attention back to the jet.

"We'll be fine" I said looking over at Steve.

"We just need to get some rest and we'll sort it out" I said directing my words towards Steve.

He nodded and lay down on the bench staring up at the ceiling. Natasha looked at me suprised that Steve actually listened to me. I simply shrugged and lay down on another bench turning to face the wall allowing sleep to take over me.