Chapter 33. Shaken Trust.

~No one's P

~No one's P.O.V~

"Alright, you three! In you go!" Jenna ordered Meliodas, King and Y/n.

Y/n hummed, turning to walk into the cave. Meliodas laughed and pulled his shirt off, revealing his muscular chest before running after the girl.

King stood back a couple of seconds. He blinked, looking down at his own shirt. Her nervously tugged at the rim, blushing as he pulled it over his head to reveal his flat stomach. A blush covered his cheeks, but he shook his head and flew forward to catch up with the other two.

"Here you go, King!" Y/n handed him one of the sticks she had received to be used as a weapon once he had caught up to them.

"Th-Thanks." He nodded, taking the stick from her hand. He looked at the two with curiosity, "Did you get your powers back?"

"Nah." Meliodas answered, shaking his head a bit, "Before we can get it back, we have to rehabilitate our bodies a little bit." He answered for the two of them.

Y/n looked at Meliodas, "Right." She nodded, turning her attention back to be ahead of them. A light emitted from the direction they were headed. It pulled all of their attention onto it instead of each other.

They were engulfed in it, and it soon dimmed down to reveal crystals of different colours and shapes levitating in the air.

"Go ahead and choose one of the Godess Ambers floating in front of you. There are various kinds of monsters inside each one."

Jenna's voice echoed through the cave, making the others look around, "Which one of these do you want, Captain?" King asked the blond, careful as to not touch any himself.

"Hey, King!" Y/n called out to the Fairy, continuing despite him not turning to her, but fly higher into the air to look for the right Crystal to pick, "About Hendrickson, do you think you can be just a little more open-minded?"

"What do you mean?" King asked the girl, turning his head to look over his shoulder. Y/n's attention was on a purple, slick amber, "Are you telling me to forgive him?"

"I didn't say that." She shook her head, giving the Amber in front of her a light poke.

"Y/n," Meliodas spoke, making the girl turn to face him, "You can't deny what he did was wrong." He stated in a matter of fact voice. Y/n pouted a little, used to his cheerful one.

"I'm not denying it." She responded with a frown, turning her back to Meliodas as she continued, "What he did was unforgivable. Trust me, I completely understand how you feel about him, King." She reassured the Fairy, lowering her head a bit, "But still, he was being controlled the whole time by Fraudrin, who possessed Dreyfus' body ten years ago." She looked back up at King, his back facing her, "Nothing could've been done."