XXV | Lillians

XXV

L i l l i a n s

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

Despite Mashiro's refusal of letting Kyojuro stay at the abandoned house, Kyojuro let himself rest along with Natsuhiko making sure the Flame Hashira was comfortable, although there wasn't much around to be able to give any guests good hospitality.

Mashiro's stare was kept firm as Kyojuro stayed longer than she wanted. She felt irritation as Kyojuro kept doing the opposite of what she wanted him to do.

So, when night came, Mashiro could Kyojuro leave the house, but she was confused why he left during the night but thought otherwise as he wouldn't have been promoted as a Hashira if he was not as competent to that level.

After a couple of hours of spending time with Natsuhiko before he finally fell asleep on the Snow Hashira's lap, her hand combing his unruly and now short hair as she cut it for him two weeks before. As Mashiro accompanied her now self-proclaimed younger brother, Mashiro heard a thud outside— normally the noise wouldn't bother her but it felt very close to her location, especially just right outside the house.

She gently moved Natsuhiko on the bed she had brought for him before, making sure he was comfy and undisturbed in his sleep before jumping out the window from the top floor.

Once she landed, she saw a familiar blonde with red tips practicing hand to hand combat. She tilted her head at the sight, not sure what to say to Kyojuro.

"Hey, Mashiro!" Kyojuro's voice boomed as Mashiro hissed,

"Natsuhiko's sleeping." She stated firmly, letting him know to quiet down his voice and whatever he was doing.

Kyojuro laughed quietly, "Ah right, I apologise."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm training."

"Why?"

"Cause I want to— I need to."

Mashiro tilted her head, still confused as to why he started training now at this time.