Chapter three✔️

Andy Anders

My first day of school was what I expected.

Complete and utter dog shit.

Not only did I wake up late because I was up all night dealing with my car, but I then realized that I didn't have a car and had to call an Uber to get to my class. Which I missed.

I'm now in the locker room getting dressed in my cheer uniform for Welcoming Day. As I'm putting on my skirt, Scarlet skips over to me with a huge grin on her face.

"So..."

Here we go.

"Where were you in Psychology? I didn't see you in class."

I was too busy dealing with a hard ass who happens to be one of the hottest guys I've ever seen. But she doesn't need to know that.

"I slept in." It wasn't a lie technically, but I can already tell by her face that she thinks that I was with a guy. Scarlet has spent our entire freshmen year living vicariously through me in hopes that she will either become me or to ruin me. I'm in denial of the latter but I know how much of a snake she is so I tend to keep my private life private.

"With who?" She winks at me. I sometimes can't stand her.

"Your ex." I give her a fake smile and close my locker and start walking to the mirror to apply my makeup.

"Funny." She laughs but there's no humor in her tone.

Our friendship is so toxic that sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach but I still hang out with her because she can be fun sometimes.

As I'm applying some mascara I can see her looking at me through the mirror.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask not bothering to turn around to give her my undivided attention.

She just shrugs and walks off.

She seems off but knowing her she's probably just on something.

I head outside to the field to meet up with the rest of the cheerleaders.

Everyone in the stadium started cheering once we started our routine and a smile forms on my face.

I've always loved cheering.

After Welcoming Day, I had one of the footballs players take me to Shepard's so I can check on my car. It was quite the drive but he didn't seem to mind.

"Will I see you tonight?" The football players asks me. If I'm gonna be completely honest, I forgot his name but he was very cute.

I shrug as I open the car door.  "Maybe."

But before I leave the car, I turn around and give him a quick kiss. A smile forms on his face and I wink at him before leaving the car and walking towards the entrance.

I see my black beauty in the center of the shop and I sigh and run up to it.

"Oh I've missed you." I hug my car like a child would hug their favorite stuffed animal.