26 - Hot off the Press

"Wait, so that little plant heard everything that's been going on?" Hoseok gapes in horror.

"Hope-ah, it wasn't the plant," Yoongi corrects the younger male softly with a gentle shake of his head. "The plant can't actually hear- oh, never mind."

You quirk an amused eyebrow as you watch the snow leopard nearly melt when he notices the adorably concerned expression on the red panda hybrid's face.

"Wait," Jungkook gasps, startling everyone. Your eyes quickly dash to the youngest hybrid who was lounging comfortably across Hoseok's lap only a second ago. Now, he's sitting upright with his ears standing perked up in alarm. "Does that mean your mom knows I ran around the yard in my underwear?"

As much as you wish to remain calm and composed, you burst out into a delighted fit of laughter when his question registers in your mind.

"Kook, Y/N's mom has been spying on her and that's the first thing you're worried about?" Namjoon chuckles.

"It was an embarrassing moment," the younger male mumbles as he ducks his head down to hide his blushing face, and his ears droop down to match his flustered mood.

"I'm sure it was," you nod in understanding, trying your best to sympathize with the sulking panther. "But it was also a hilarious moment for me when I watched it on my laptop."

"Y/N!" Jungkook gasps in a rather horrified tone. The other pack members break out into another round of laughter and you smirk victoriously at the panther hybrid.

Excitement and anticipation bubbles in the pit of your stomach when you notice Jungkook's gaze shift from flustered to determined. You watch quietly as he shifts into his animal form and lowers himself into a stance where he's ready to pounce at any given moment.

"Kookie," Jimin warns in a gentle yet stern tone.

"No, it's okay, Jimin," you smile softly at the fox hybrid who has just started to rise from his seat. "Let him play. Little kitty just wants to play, right?" you tease.

Jungkook lets out a low grumble of a snarl before pouncing in your direction, leaping over the coffee table in the process.

"Jeon Jungkook! You better not break the furniture," Seokjin yells in a slight panic when he notices how close Jungkook's hind paws were to grazing the table.

You move aside just in time to avoid the panther's advance, but he catches one of your wrists with his teeth to prevent you from fully escaping. Judging by the pressure he's applying with his jaw, you know he's not actually angry with you and that he only wants to play. His teeth are pressing down hard enough for there to be some pressure, but not hard enough to draw blood.

Jungkook then uses one of his large paws to shove your upper body so that you fall back against the pillows behind you.

The others are watching carefully but there are small smiles on their faces as they watch the two of you - the youngest two of the pack - play together.

"Did you just shove me, Kook?" you gasp, throwing him a halfhearted glare. "I ought to bite one of your ears in return."

The large feline lets go of your arm and gives a slightly amused chortle in response before lowering himself until his upper body is resting across your lap.

"Looks like kitty just wanted to cuddle," Namjoon chuckles softly causing the younger male to chuff in confirmation.

"Oh, you're adorable," you giggle softly, wrapping your arms loosely around his neck in a hug before leaning down to plant a quick kiss on the top of Jungkook's head. In return, the youngest hybrid gives you a few happy licks on your arm.