0:06

She's never been someone to care for another human being in a short space of time, but if she had to guess - it was probably because Amaru had been so kind to her since their first interaction

She's never been someone to care for another human being in a short space of time, but if she had to guess - it was probably because Amaru had been so kind to her since their first interaction. So watching him, pacing around in the same spot, opening, and closing his mouth - she could feel her eyes become moist and her heart tighten at the sight before her.

"Amaru," she tries to reach out to him, with a soft voice laced with worry. Taking a step forward, trying to reach him - comfort him into talking, she is however stopped by Logan who places a hand on her stomach. She takes a glance at him, and he slowly shakes his head without a glance at Shane.

You can tell by the posture of his arm, the tension built up on Logan's shoulder, fear slowly crawling into his eyes. In all the years he had ever known Amaru, he had never seen him like this - speechless, and deeply troubled, not able to talk.

How does life change its course of line in a few seconds? In one moment you are laughing about something in the showers, and in the next second a person is distraught because of a phone call they received. But they won't say anything, nor do anything for that matter.

Turning her head to the side, she quickly dabs the corner of her eyes, trying to stop the tears from cascading down the smooth skin around her cheeks. She simply was not a person who cried in public, she knew how to hold herself together - so she had no idea why her brain was betraying her like this.

She just had to do something. She could not wait around and just watch like the two men were doing. Yes, they knew him better - but her heart couldn't allow her to just stand and watch this heart-breaking scenario.

So even though with every stride she took, a slight wince left her mouth - she left the building, continuing on until she reached fresh air, and the now soft breeze caressed her skin. She stood in front of the shop, frantically looking into the thin air, for any sign of him. Maybe, just maybe he would know what to do, maybe he could fix it.

Since they left him up on a hill, he had not yet returned, and at this moment - she needed him to make his presence available. Even if she could not stand to be in it.

As a minute passes, with no sign of him - she somehow wishes she had his number so she could call him and ask him to make his way back to the shop at this moment. The only option then would be to walk back up the hill and hopefully meet him before getting to the top.

She tries to pick up her pace, but her legs fail her as she almost trips and plummets to the ground. She did not know how to persuade her mind like Hendrichs had said earlier on, persuade it to allow her to jog up this hill so she could not take up any more time. She knew taking a ride up would be a waste of time as they might just cross paths, and they could be a chance he would be right around the corner.

So she tried, jogging up the road that led to the hill they were on earlier. Though she felt the ache of her thighs and calves, she still tried until she couldn't try anymore.