two

two │the guy in the suit

Y/N sat on the swings at a park near her house, looking over the view of a lake when a man came up to her "excuse me miss, may I sit here?" 

he pointed to the empty swing next to her, Y/N just shrugged "It's not my play ground, do what you please"

nodding his head the suited man sat down with his briefcase "Would you like to play a game?" he asked her. Y/N rolled her eyes "No, its late I should head home"

she began to walk away when his voice re-spoke "what if I told you, you can get some money from this game?"

"look dude- you're attractive sure, but I'm fully gay"

"no miss, that's not what I mean" the older man laughed opening his briefcase revealing two papers and a stack of money "ever heard of ddakji?"

of course she had heard of the game, she used to play it was her father and sister. she would be lying to say she was good at it though

the man in the suit smiled "play a few rounds with me. every time you flip my fold you get 100,00 won."

"what's the catch?"

"every time I flip your fold you give me 100,000 won. pick a colour"

Y/N looked at the blue fold then to the red, blue is always the symbol of coming first place, red is second. "Blue please" she hoped that luck would finally be on her side so she wouldn't have to pay this random man 100,00 won- which she didn't have.

placing the red fold onto the ground he looked at her "you can go first"

-

 a few hours later Y/N walked into her small apartment building with a bruised cheek,  200,000 won and a business card.

she remembered the mans words as he handed her the card

"there's a lot more games out there that you can earn more money from. give it a try Y/N"

how he knew her name no one would know, but thinking of her family Y/N only had one choice when it came to what she would do with the card.

she needed the money dearly, Y/N desperately wanted a proper funeral for her passed away money, she wanted her father to no longer be lying on his death bed in the hospital and she wanted more than anything to get her sister back.

She didn't want her sister to stay in a orphanage all the girls life. No ten year old deserved to not be with their family.

dialling the phone number on the card, guilt bubbled inside of her- what if something happened while she was doing these stupid games?

"hello. who's calling?" a cold voice came through the phone. Y/N cleared her throat before answering

"It's Y/N, I was given a card today with this number" she told them "do you wish to participate in our games? if so state your name and birthdate"

"Y/N L/N, 18/12/2003"

Y/N never thought she would be stupid enough to be waiting outside at two am for a van to show up. Every book that she had read told her to never do this otherwise she could kiss her life goodbye.

stuffing her hands in her pockets due to the cold she started to regret this decision heaps. why did she trust her life in hands of a random person? she didn't even know the suited man's name and here she was, ready to play some games to earn money.

a gray van stopped in front of her, if she hadn't known this was the car picking her up she would have ran to New Zealand.

the front window rolled down showing a person in a red suit and a black mask "password"

Y/N gulped down her fear "red light, green light"