40.

"Very well! Very well indeed!" Professor Flitwick mirthfully stated as the last student finally placed his quill on the desk beside his exam

"Very well! Very well indeed!" Professor Flitwick mirthfully stated as the last student finally placed his quill on the desk beside his exam. With a small wave of his wand the exams levitated from the desks and formed a neatly stacked pile in his outstretched hands. "Have a splendid summer, all of you! And I hope to see you all in your school colors to cheer on our two champions tonight!"

Much to Fiona's surprise, the charms exam was much easier than any of the students had expected. It left a bittersweet taste in her mouth as she walked out of the classroom for the final time that year with Fred at her side. She had only managed an hour of sleep the night before, cramming for an exam that Professor Flitwick had promised was among the most difficult he had ever created. Flitwick, bless his heart, had spent the last two months preparing the students for an exam much more difficult than the one he had ultimately created. His elated squeal as the class finished much faster than the time they had been allotted was proof enough this was by no mistake.

A yawn escaped her while she walked through the corridors accompanied by Fred, George, and Angelina. Heidi had sprinted towards the Hogwarts Grounds after the exam to take her Care of Magical Creatures exam. Malcolm and Alfie had left in search of Cedric, who had been summoned along with the other three Champions during breakfast.

"If I had known the exam would have been that easy I wouldn't have spent so much time studying for the blasted thing," George said in a mock sulk. At his side, Angelina was unable to prevent her eyes from rolling dramatically.

"You two spent a total of five minutes studying for that exam," she scoffed.

"Five minutes we'll never get back," Fred feigned an affronted attitude.

Fiona and the three Gryffindor students lazily roamed the corridors in an attempt to kill off the hours before their final exam; Defense Against the Dark Arts. Their aimless journey eventually led them to the Great Hall, where they decided to get an early start on lunch, and if time allowed, squeeze in a couple of extra minutes of study.

The Great Hall was abuzz with excitement. The chatter coming from the Gryffindor table was only matched by the joyous cries coming from the Hufflepuffs, who seemed determined to outdo the lions in their own game. Wrecked with exhaustion, each celebratory cheer felt like an auditory assault to Fiona.

As the group made their way towards the Gryffindor table Fred and Georges' eyes grew wide, swirling with curiosity and fear. They shared an incredulous look between them before charging towards a stout redheaded woman who sat at the table amongst their siblings.

"What are you doing here?!" Fred demanded as he approached. The woman at the table turned with a warm smile directed at Fred and George. A young man, with the same vibrantly red hair as the woman beside him, also turned.

"Bill?" George gaped as his eyes met the man.

"Is that any way to greet your mother?" Mrs. Weasley huffed at the twins as she stood up to face them. With pursed lips and her hands on her hips, she stared up at her sons. Fred and George suddenly seemed to cower at the short woman before them as they mumbled their apologies.