EIGHTEEN

Word Count: 2278

~Avia

Yawing, I settle into bed. Finally.

I've only just returned from the compound. Visiting there so late has been weighing on me, but it's not like I have much of a choice. At some point I have to relay all the information I've garnered from being here to them, and this hour is the only possible one.

Just as I turn my lamp off and my eyes flutter closed, the sound of footsteps out in the hallway rouse me. I don't remember anyone mentioning they would be up at this hour, and all the staff should be asleep.

As I sit up, wary of the commotion, the door to my bedroom is flung open, hitting the far wall with a bang.

Three figures with dark hoods pulled up to conceal their faces charge into the room, aiming right for my bed. I don't even get the chance to lean to grab the dagger strapped under my side table, as two of them seize both my arms, yanking me from the bed.

"Woah...What's going on?" I demand, before I'm pushed onto the floor, wincing as the breath is knocked from my lungs from the impact.

They ignore my protests as two work together to tie my hands behind my back with coarse rope. Their entire person is covered head to toe in black, their identities hidden. To their thighs, knives are strapped, and I wouldn't doubt they have weapons. Not that they need it, they are all clearly very strong, this plan months, if not years in the making.

And now I'm in the centre of it.

"Quiet," one of them hisses, hushing my rambling protests.

I'm pulled back onto my feet, and then pushed through the door, the man behind me keeping a tight grip on my wrists. Whoever these people are, I'm not going to push my luck. At least not until I get a decent shot on them.

We wind down the stairs and into the main foyer, where both Isaiah and Zire are kneeling, surrounded with darkly dressed figures, all armed. I'm shoved down next to them, catching their eyes. Neither Isaiah nor Zire look frightened, but there is a wariness in their eyes upon seeing me. Where is Elise?

"Isaiah, what's happening?" I whisper, glancing up at our captors. How did they get into this place? They are all armed, but so are Isaiah's men. There is not doubt this is a plan that has been in motion for quite some time.

"It's okay Kenna, just keep calm," Isaiah murmurs softly, head bowed.

Zire seems to have been the only one to have sustained any injury, his lip cut and bleeding, a bruise already forming on his left cheekbone. I'm not surprised, he would have put up a fight, whereas Isaiah would have been smart enough to know that moments like this require more thought then to merely lash out.

"Who are they?" I mouth.

"Rebels, I assume," Zire replies lowly, jaw settling into a firm.

I frown, looking back up to examine them. As my gaze sweep over them, I realise none of them are familiar, meaning they aren't from my group. So who are they? It's not secret there are other rebel groups in the Passion Pack, I just had no idea any of them were close to actually getting to Isaiah.

What if they kill him?

My gaze pauses of one of the men, whose hood is pulled back enough that in a certain light, I can see his features. I know him, or knew of him. I doubt he knows me, but he was once part of a rebel group we were friendly with, before he transferred to another...Now he is here, likely with the intention of killing all of us, without even knowing I'm a rebel myself.

Suddenly, the man pulls his hood down, revealing light brown hair and those blue eyes that are part of the only reason I remember him. He comes to stand right before us, arms crossed over his chest.