S1 Ep 7: "Steven's FIRST Playdate"

After telling Toddler Garnet the heartwarming tale of the very first time he and Baby Connie met, Baby Steven was very pleased with how Toddler Garnet approved of the story. However… in that story… there was 1 part that was NOT told… until now.

“And that is how Connie and I became best friends!” Baby Steven smiled proudly, finishing the first part of the story from earlier.

“That was beautiful, Steven.” Toddler Garnet approved with her smile.

“Aww!” Baby Steven blushed in awe. “Thank you!”

“Now, about that playdate?” Toddler Garnet wondered curiously.

“Well…” Baby Steven began, commencing the second part of the story.

(Memory Sequence)

It was the day after Connie and I met. Daddy was about to tell me some very pleasing news!

It all started the very next morning when Baby Steven woke up from his crib after a very heartwarming and sweet dream with him and his new best friend, Baby Connie, playing in an imaginative land in his mind. Baby Steven let out a tiny yawn as he rubbed his tiny eyes while his star-shaped pacifier was in his mouth. Not so long afterwards, Greg, his father, came into his room to see that his baby son was already awake.

“There’s my little schtu-ball!” Greg chuckled as he ruffled Baby Steven’s hair, causing a few giggles. “Morning, Steven!” 

“Morning, daddy!” Baby Steven smiled. 

“Are you excited about your playdate today?” Greg asked him.

But the thing was that Greg actually kept it as a surprise until that moment. Because of this, Baby Steven was very curious, intrigued, and most of all, excited.

“Ooh!” Baby Steven gasped excitedly, squishing his cheeks with his little hands. “Who's coming over? Peedee? Sadie? Sour Cream?”

“You’re gettin’ there, son!” Greg chuckled. “Someone that you’ll love to play with! For sure!”

“Well… who is coming over, daddy?” Baby Steven wondered.

“Remember that little girl you met on the beach yesterday?” Greg asked. 

Baby Steven gasped upon realizing who he was talking about. “Connie?!”

“Yep! She’s coming over today!” Greg excitedly replied. “I talked to her parents and they're coming over to see how I handle looking after her and how you’ll handle playing with her. Because if everything works out, you’ll get to play with Connie everyday when her parents are at work!”

This made Baby Steven feel EVEN MORE excited! “Wow! She'll come here nearly every day?!”

“Well… except for weekends, of course.” Greg added. “But if it all goes well, you’ll get to have a new playmate! How awesome would THAT be?!”

“Very!” Baby Steven happily answered, standing up in his crib and bouncing up and down for joy. “I can't wait for Connie to get here!”

“Whoa-ho-ho there! Easy, schtu-ball!” Greg laughed at his son's bubbly energy. “You don't wanna break the crib!”

“Oh. Whoops!” Baby Steven giggled as he stopped and sat back down on his blanket. “Sorry, daddy.”

“Don't worry about it, son.” Greg understood. “Now, let's get you dressed, fed and washed up for your first playdate with Connie!”

“OKAY!” Baby Steven happily allowed before he got lifted up out of the crib to begin his morning routine.

After getting a warm and bubbly bath, being put in his favorite t-shirt, a new diaper, and eating a bowl of Tasty! oat cereal and a sippy-cup of low-fat milk for breakfast, Baby Steven was now all ready and looking good to have his very first playdate with Baby Connie!