005. introductions

the four of them sat at a small round table with four white chairs spread around it

the four of them sat at a small round table with four white chairs spread around it. the table was inside a beautiful gazebo that sat outdoors, it had moss and vines with beautiful flowers that complimented the build.

"so, where are you from?" josh asked suddenly.

evan and andie looked at each other, not knowing what to say. i mean, come on, they can't actually say they're from minnesota. that place doesn't seem to exist in this universe.

"we don't really — it's more of like — do you have a map? we can point to where we were coming from!" andie spoke, taking a sip of her tea which ended up burning her tongue, "shit. that's hot." she whispered.

"language!" the king scolded.

"sorry! i'm so so sorry. i'm just really used to—"

"it's fine..?"

"andromeda." andie smiled, "andie for short."

"it's fine, andromeda. my father isn't a very big fan of... 'mature' words." josh explained, earning a nod from andie, who was wiping her mouth with a napkin, "about where you were from-"

"we'd rather not share." evan spoke suddenly, attempting to avoid digging a deeper hole.

"we live in a cottage up... north?" andie lied.

"interesting... well if you live far, you must need a place to stay, right?" josh asked, looking at andie, giving her butterflies.

"oh, you don't have to-"

"no. i insist. the castle grounds have been a bit... lonely. we'd love the company, wouldn't we, father?" the brunette asked, looking over to the older man next to him, who was giving andie an unpleasant look.

why was he staring at her like he hates her guts or something?

he's really staring into her soul... not literally.