005 | TAKE NOTE

YOUR ENCOUNTER WITH JAY IN THE AFTERNOON had the most awful of impacts on the rest of your day

YOUR ENCOUNTER WITH JAY IN THE AFTERNOON had the most awful of impacts on the rest of your day. When the memories of him in your past had flooded back to you like an overbearing storm, you had to excuse yourself to the campus bathroom to adjust your makeup. Your eyeliner was smudged and trickling down your cheeks, and eyes brimming red from crying, which only made you want to cry even more. You were never one to cry, especially in school, yet Jay proved to have the capability to make you ruined in a matter of seconds.

Even as you cried and cried, humiliating yourself when a first year walked in and immediately became startled at your hopeless state, you still wanted to have him comfort and console you. To wrap his arms around you and pull you in, to stroke your hair and hush sweet nothings in your ear with a soft, unmatched tone.

The way he used to at the time you were able to call him yours.

You ended up taking yourself to the campus library, footsteps heavy as you dragged yourself up the steps. Returning to your shared apartment with Ayaka was no longer an option; the face you had imagined if you told Ayaka that you had been crying over Jay would break her heart. She was aware of everything that had happened between the two of you, from the euphoric moments you experienced to the messy breakup at the end of it. She knew that he was your first love, that there was a possibility you still loved him even after so many years. Aside from that, her boyfriend was over too — and you did not want to deal with that childish asshole, on a day where you just wanted to burst into tears.

Whenever you talked about Jay after a long night of drinking, whether it be at a bar or back at your place, her face would twinge with disgust and hatred. After everything you had told her, she had grown to despise him. So if anything, even if after knowing that you cried when seeing him, it would break her heart, but then she would break his legs.

And maybe his dick in the process too.

You could not have that happening.

That was how you wound up here, in the library. You had been studying here for five hours now, the clock striking nine as you finished reading the line of one of the longest chapters of your textbook. Your head throbbed, your neck had hurt from craning over your book for extended periods of time, and your space was littered with empty cans of energy drinks and wrappers of candy. With a yawn, you paused the soft music that had been playing through your earphones, to slowly take one of the earbuds out from your ears.

Although everywhere seemed to hurt, studying was definitely a good distraction from what happened today.

In fact, it served as such a good distraction that you never realised that there had been a guy sitting in-front of you the whole time as you studied.