Chapter 97: The City of Life & The Necromancer Mary

"Long time no see!" Tasha opened her arms as she saw some Dark Elves approaching them.

The three Dark Elves started to run after hearing her voice.

"You punk!"

"You didn't send us a single letter for five years and then you just pop up with a 'long time no see'?"

Two of them berated Tasha, while the third respectfully greeted Cale.

"Nice to meet you. I will first guide you to your residence."

"Shawn, long time no see!"
"Please follow me."
Tasha came and greeted Shawn, who just ignored her.

"Aww, come on Shawn. Are you mad at me?"

"Do you have any luggage? If you do, we will transport it for you." He flat out ignored her.

Cale smiled before responding to Shawn. "We do not have any luggages. Please lead the way."

Shawn quietly observed Cale, who was smiling gently. "...I heard you were a noble, please feel free to speak informally."

"Sure. I'll do that." Cale was not one to reject such an offer. After the time as Kim Roksoo, the formal speech he learnt as Cale Henituse were only for necessary occasions.

Cale's group and the three Dark Elves entered the Dark Elves' stronghold, otherwise known as the City of Death.

They could see more clearly once they entered into the city. There were even more reasons for them to be shocked.

"Isn't it more developed than most cities?" Tasha asked Cale's group with a proud expression on her face.

The city was pretty developed, such that it was at the level of most large cities in the Roan Kingdom.

However, Cale did not respond to her statement. He was busy looking at something else. "There are people here too."

Tasha continued to smile.

'I see.'

They saw other Dark Elves as soon as they entered the city as expected, but there was approximately 1 human for every 10 Dark Elves.

The Land of Death was one of the 5 Forbidden Regions. It was said that nobody who went into the Land of Death made it back alive.

Their deaths were said to have made the sand as red as it was. Some people even thought that the curse of the necromancers led people to die in the Land of Death.

Cale started to speak. "There was a reason the people who ran away into the desert never came back."

The Dark Elves who were with them started to smile. Tasha shrugged her shoulders as she responded.

"We couldn't let them just die, especially since the Dark Elves have a similar history of running away."

As people who have had to run for their lives, they understood the people who ran away to this desert known as the Land of Death.

They were so desperate that they ran away, even though they knew it would mean their death. They had felt the same way before.

Cale was really in awe now. "Amazing. This is simply amazing."

It really was amazing. Although they had never harmed humans, Dark Elves were chased out by people because the places they lived were associated with death.

However even after receiving such treatment, they were able to accept people within their midst.

It was very different compared to the Elves, who hated getting involved with humans.