places

nats pov
'h-hey nat' the kid stutters out. the pain noticeable. i notice she knows my name but realise how. clint. he is gonna be so dead after this but right now i need to focus on the kid.

'hey kid what's wrong' i ask worried. there is laboured breathing on the other end of the call.

'um do- do you know how to fix a -a stab wound'. my breath hitched .did my kid get stabbed?.

'WHAt, where did you get stabbed?'

y/n pov
it is hard to breath probably from my other injuries. 'shoulder' i reply sort. a small sigh of what i hope is relief is herd.

'ok kid is it still bleeding, how deep is it, is the object still in.' woah that is a lot of questions. it takes me a bit to form a sentence but i manage.

'yeah, uh like 3 cm and no they ripped it out' i'm surprised that that sentence was that clear.

'how good are your sewing skills?' nat questions.

(((—time skip till after y/n is stitched up—)))

' never thought i would be doing that again' i stifle a laugh causing pain to electrocute threw my body.

'yeah' nat laughs 'WAIT AGAIN' she realises concerned.

'uh my foster parents are calling be gtg bye' and with that i hang up the call

shit shit shit. all i can think about is nat now know i'm in the system and gotten stabbed before. i hear the heavy footsteps down the stairs and i back up further into the corner i was sat at. the door swings open revealing a very drink mr thomas. 'here' the man tosses me a dollar 'for the kitchen, go get the stuff u need for tmmr'. i'm very confused of this behaviour 30 min ago he was beating the shit outta me now he gives me money. 'now get out of my house. i dont want to see your face' i get up saying a thank you grabbing my bag and leaving the house. he calls out from the basement to be home before 7 that gives me a little under 8 hours. i make my way out of the neighbourhood and walk around for a bit i decide to get my stuff first. not knowing where anything really is i decide o text clint who had messaged me quickly before. deciding spider mom would just ask questions.

y/n
nats friend

?? (clint)
yes small child

y/n
hey i'm 15
and do you know where office works is ( A/N it is a store for office supply's and stuff like that)

??
yeah if u can c the avengers tower across the street and down to the left u should find it

y/n
you are very helpful
what should i call you

??
uh call be birdbrain

y/n changed ?? to birdbrain

y/n
oo i c it ttyl

??
okay bye

nats pov
i loo up from my phone. 1 the kid was in the system 2 they move between russia and new york and i know how bad russian foster care is. 3 they have been stabbed before? the kid doesn't deserve such a hard life. i look up to see clint smiling. 'clint' i ask 'why are you smiling' i raise a eyebrows at him.

' fyi i can now be described as very helpful' he smiles proudly i smile getting up from my spot on the couch and walk over to the kitchen to see wanda making something that smells amazing.

'ooo wanda what are you making.' i coo.  curry she responds in my head. why did you respond in my head? i think. i hurt my voice screaming my victory to clint over mario cart last night. i laugh, i swear everyone in this tower acts like a child. hey i herd that. i laugh again walking back to my room. she would call all of us once lunch is ready.

y/n pov
i walk into the office works birdbrain suggested and walked down the isle of school supply's.

i walk out of the store with a thin 64page notebook for 60c and a 30c pen thrown into my backpack. i recognise a couple streets and turn the corner finding the park i played at yesterday.the same setup is there still no one playing.

i walk over to the man tapping him on the shoulder like yesterday. he spins around a small smile spread across his lips seeming to remember me from yesterday ' the stage is yours' he says smiling. i guess he did. i smile and walk up to the guitar.

i continue to play for the remainder of my time. many people coming and going in small crowds. i step of the little box placing the guitar down and walking over to the man. he. smiles and hands me 35 dollars i go to take it but than realisethe amount of money in his hand. i retract my hand insisting i cannot take that much money from him. however when he doesn't give up i take the money thanking him and begin to walk back "home".

once i'm home i check my phone and realise i'm 20. in late. i'm in deep shit i think. as soon as i open the door i am thrown to the ground the bruises from yesterday only starting to heal from the food i had ate for breakfast unlike  all the injuries from after that . i receive a similar beat than earlier it would have been less painful if i hadn't been hurt already. i hobble down stairs hearing the lock as i enter. i slump onto the 'bed' it was just an old mattress on the ground. thankfully he didn't notice the money i had acquired. i begin to think about tomorrow and how nice it will be to c ned again. with that i am pulled into the unloving unconsciousness. at 8pm at night (so early)

A/n i had writers block so i'll probably edit this chapter to make it better tomorrow but still wanted to post so as always see you in the next chapter.