Chapter 2

Jungkook tried to pay attention. He really did, but his phone was in his pocket, weighing him down, and the temptation to call Seokjin and ask him about Jimin was taking over his mind. He had so many questions- most of them regarding Jimin's brain activity and thought process. He also kind of wanted to know how Jimin knew so damn much about his house, but he could safely assume Seokjin had programmed him with a layout or something like that.

Jungkook jolted when the bell rang, giving a signal that first classes were over. Everyone began to file out of class, and Jungkook stood quickly, scrambling to his feet to follow everyone out. He was halfway to the door, last student in the room, but he heard his name- his professor was calling him over. Jungkook let out a breath with a curse under his tongue. He hated sitting in the front of a classroom, because it was always so obvious when he wasn't paying attention. Especially in this class.

"You weren't paying attention, Jungkook. Is something wrong?" Kim Namjoon was the name of the professor in front of him. He was somewhere between Jungkook's and Seokjin's age- 24 or 25 is Jungkook had to guess. He was a friend of Seokjin's, always keeping a special eye out for Jungkook. Jungkook could imagine Seokjin had asked him to- the older man was always so worried about him. Jungkook gave a shrug, to which Namjoon frowned. "Seokjin mentioned you might seem out of it today... Has to do with the robot he made you, right?"

"God, did he tell the world?" Jungkook asked, almost shouted, and then he sighed, recoiled. "Sorry, teacher. I'm just... tense. Worried, I guess."

"Seemingly annoyed." Namjoon chuckled. He stood, peeked towards he door- likely to make sure no one was there. He looked back at Jungkook with a small smile. "He only told me to make sure I wouldn't take your phone away if you were messaging him."

"I was tempted, but...." Jungkook trailed off with a shrug. Namjoon smiled, pat Jungkook's shoulder gently.

"You're a good kid. But- if you want to call him, you can. He's actually expecting a call." Namjoon said, and Jungkook gave a grateful smile. He pulled out his phone, ready to dial Seokjin's number, but his fingers steered off right before he hit the buttons, dialing a different, somehow less familiar number.

He wondered if Jimin would know how to answer the phone.

Jungkook tried to avoid eye contact with Namjoon as he was waiting. It rung once... twice... thr- the phone beeped, a signal that someone had picked up. Jimin's voice, sweet as honey, flowed through the line. "Jeon Jungkook's house. He's not currently at home, can I take a message?"

"Jimin?" Jungkook asked, and he found himself feeling almost amused at the way Jimin sounded so sweet, so fluent, like an office worker taking calls for her boss. God, he almost sounded obedient, the way he was speaking. Jimin made a happy little sound, then, breaking away from the sweet tone of voice he'd been using.

"Kookie!" Jimin said, all excited- kind of like how Jungkook would imagine a puppy sounding if one could speak or answer the phone. Jimin continued to sound excited, "Aren't you at school, Kookie? Oh! Are you coming home soon?"

"No, I'm... I'm still at school. I was just- I wanted to call and... check on you." Jungkook said, kind of trailing off at the end. He remembered what Jimin had told him, time and time again; "I would love it if you fell in love with me." Jungkook really didn't want to give off the wrong signal- but, at the same time, he had a feeling he liked Jimin. He couldn't quite tell serious feelings apart from normal ones, because he'd never had a boyfriend and he kind of felt for Jimin the way he felt for Seokjin. It must have been the fact that they were so similar.

"Oh! Okay! That's so sweet of you Kookie! ....Is that why Seokjin calls you Kookie? Because you're just so sweet?" Jimin asked, and Jungkook chuckled, Jimin's voice filling him with amusement. Jimin gave a soft laugh too, something that had Jungkook's heart doing a little flip- the same flip he'd had to explain to Jimin earlier.