Chapter Nineteen

*mature content ahead*

"Clarissa looked pissed. Do you think she's still pissed?"

Sky shrugged. "I don't know, Raven. It looked like she'd forgotten all about it by the time Trent came around."

"Yeah, but you know how she is sometimes. You think she's forgotten about something, but then she brings it up six months later--"

"Hey. Look at me," Sky said calmly, bringing his palms up toward either side of my face. "Clarissa's going to be fine. And even if she was mad at you, she wouldn't stay mad at you forever. You're one of her favorite people."

"Well, I was one of her favorite people." I grimaced. "But maybe you're right. Maybe she's completely over it."

"Trust me. She is." He smiled. "Now, do you think we can get back to...?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry." I shook my head before leaning toward him, my mouth pressing against his own.

Sky and I had gone back to my place after Clarissa's wedding rehearsal. Since her big day was tomorrow, I thought it made more sense for me to have full access to my closet, just in case I needed to make any last-minute changes to my wardrobe.

Sky didn't seem to mind the decision since his hands hadn't been off me for more than a few seconds since the dancefloor. I was happy for the PDA, finally feeling like I was something -- someone -- that he wasn't going to keep hidden in the dark.

Because when he kissed me in front of everyone, it was like he'd shone a spotlight on me.

No.

He'd shone a spotlight on us.

Sky's fingers crept beneath my jacket as he slowly inched it away from my shoulders. I made no attempt to stop him, my lips still focusing on his. I just wanted him to keep touching me. I just wanted to keep touching him, too.

I didn't want this to end.

And as his fingertips started to unbutton my dress shirt, I sniffled, as tears threatened to spring to my eyes.

"Raven?" he whispered. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry." I sniffled again. "I don't know why I'm getting so emotional right now."

"You were crying at the wedding, too," he said matter-of-factly.

"I was?"