Chapter 17

Sunako was sipping silently, drinking her usual cup of brewed green tea, as she listened to the madwoman going over the same topic repeatedly for an hour. Every time Hange Zoe paused on her rant, she'd finally run out of topics to explain, only continuing again shortly with the same enthusiasm.

The petite, raven-haired woman was rather used to it, after all, she did help with the Titan research team in exchange for free access in the library that led to her successfully creating a lethal poison effective for Titans. However, she takes great lengths of caution to keep hands out of reach from her poison, knowing how strong the poison is, if people were to touch it, it wouldn't bode well. For this reason, she, alone, can handle it due to her strong poison immunity and her expertise in the pharmaceutical and medical department.

"So as I was saying! What if we can educate Titans? Perhaps even one day, we would even have people falling in love with Titans and getting married to them!" Hange concluded on a happy note, cheering her booze in the air. "Think about it! It would be nice to just co-exist with each other! right, Sunako?"

The petite, woman merely smiled calmly at her. "Yes, it would be nice to become friends with Titans, but I wouldn't go so far as to marry them."

Giggling, the tinge on her cheeks reddened as Hange leaned toward the impassive Captain beside her. "Do you see now, Levi? How devoted I am to saving humanity with my research?!"

Levi scowled, wondering how on earth did he get roped into this. "Yeah. I get how seriously crap your brain is."

Sunako continued to remain silent. Their talk the other night was still fresh in her mind. She didn't forget the ache in her chest that night when he viewed their relationship as nothing but superior and subordinate. But if that's how he wanted, then so being. As such, she'll make her distance, however, that would prove quite difficult, seeing that they have to live on the same roof until the situation blows over.

The first gleam of sunlight filtered through the windows soothingly, warming Levi's face from the effects of the cold night.

"Ah, it's morning already? I was gonna explain more though." Hange whined. "Well, I guess I should get going."

"I'll walk you to the door." Sunako stood up, patting her hands together, sweeping off any remaining dust on it. Just as she was about to accompany Hange out the door, Levi abruptly stopped her. "Wait..."

Levi suddenly got up from his chair as well. His eyes narrowed, spotting the microscopic pieces of dust floating around in displeasure. Hange watched in confusion when took his index finger and swiped it on the table.

"When was this place last cleaned?"

"Eren and the others cleaned this place yesterday."

Levi clicked his tongue. "They call this cleaning?" Levi threw her a pointed look. "I can make this damn place twice as clean with ten minutes."

Hange chuckled at how stringent Levi is while Sunako just internally sighed, already used to his ridiculous need for cleanliness. However, Sunako knew better than to laugh, in fact, Levi was deadly serious. If it was sparkling clean he wanted, it was sparkling clean he was going to get. The moment he suddenly turn to the hallway where all the rooms are, the petite woman immediately placed herself in front of his path, blocking him.

"You're not waking them up just because of some dust on the table." She stated firmly. He may be her captain, but she would not let him wake the kids up for a ridiculous reason, especially when she knew how exhausted they are after a long trip.

"Move." Levi grimaced, grey eyes staring at her onyx ones, neither of them backing down. "How do you expect them to fulfill their duties as scouts when they can't even do this?"