- { Chapter 7 } -

It took us about 25 minutes to get to a diner in Sioux Falls. When we get there I walk straight to a booth in a corner where I can see every inch of the diner perfectly. The boys all follow my lead and sit down. Some sit in chairs on the outside of the booth and others sit in the booth with me. As soon as I sit down, I start to fidget with my sleeves again.

     Benny catches what I'm doing and places a hand over mine, to stop me from messing with my sleeves. I look up at him and he nods at the menu, signaling for me to pick it up and see what I want. I do just that and skim through the menu before settling on getting a salad.

     A waiter comes up and introduces himself before he starts to stare at me. My soulmates all unknowingly start to glare at him. He notices and immediately backs off. "So, what can I get for ya?" He asks.

     The boys all order first and then it's my turn. "I'll take a chicken caesar salad and a glass of water please." I say, starting to fidget with my sleeves again. The waiter nods and writes down my order. "Okay, I'll be back with your drinks." He says before walking away, after glancing at me one last time and smirking. I shiver under his intrusive gaze. I've seen looks like those, too many times.

     Benny frowns. "So, Nikkol? Any chance you wanna explain what happened back there in the forest?" Sam asks. All of the boys, excluding Benny, look at me in interest.

     My anxiety starts to show as I bite my lip and fidget with my hands instead of my sleeves. "It's just something I do when I get upset or angry. It's sort of a coping thing, I guess. Helps me relax." I start to explain.

"I don't see how that could be relaxing. Using all of that power at once should have exhausted you." Castiel says.

"I don't know... I've been doing it for years now, along with some other things to calm myself down." I say.

"What kinda stuff do you do, other than destroy things?" Dean asks.

"Mainly art, tai-chi, sparring... stuff like that."

"How is sparring relaxing?" Bobby asks, to which I shrug my shoulders.

"It's fun, it distracts me."

     Our conversation ends as the waiter comes back with our drinks. He glances at me and smirks creepily as he places my water in front of me. I pick up my drink and take a sip, feeling the ice cold liquid go down my throat.

     As the waiter walks away, Benny gets a text. "Who texted you?" I ask, knowing that it was probably my dad or one of my uncles.

"Your dad. He wants to know how your doin'." Benny answers and I sigh.

"Tell him I'm fine." I say.

"I am. I'm also tellin' him that we're eatin' dinner and that you're havin' a salad." I nod at my best friend's response. The rest of the group looks at us in confusion.

     I get out my sketchbook and colored pencils and flip to a new page. I feel like drawing but I have no idea what to draw. I look at different objects around the diner, as if I'm pleading with them for help. I frown at first when I don't find anything. Then I look around the table and notice my glass of water. Something so simple can be turned into whatever you want it to be with a little imagination.

     I start to sketch the glass of water, making sure to put down every part of the water that reflects the lights, or the movement of the liquid from someone moving around the table. I draw the background around the water, exactly how the diner looks. Once the background has been drawn behind the water I start to draw something else.