|CHAPTER ONE|

THE BIGGEST SHOCK

"We are the Dark Princes of the Wizarding world"

NOVEMBER 7th, 1995 - THE GREAT HALL, HOGWARTS

The classes for the day were over. Dinner was going on. Hazel sat at the Gryffindor table with her friends chatting animatedly. Hermione kept reprimanding Ron to eat properly. Neville petted his Mimbulus Mibletonia, Luna was reading the Quibbler upside down. Ginny sat cuddling with Dean, Lavender, Parvati and Padma were reading the 'Witch Weekly'. Seamus was trying a spell, the 'Puffs assisting him. The Ravenclaws were discussing pranks with the Weasley twins.

Looking around herself, Hazel felt happy. More than happy, she felt content... She was surrounded by her friends, by people who would not hesitate to give up their lives for her. She was surrounded by people who loved her for being her, for being Hazel and not The-Girl-Who-Lived.

Glancing up at the staff table, Hazel saw Umbridge, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher glaring at her. She ignored her, Umbridge was just a pink petty toad and proof of a truly incompetent Ministry and an even incompetent Minister. How Cornelius Fudge even got the job, she didn't know.

Hermione's nudge caught in her ribs and she let out a small moan of pain. Looking in the direction Hermione was, Hazel was shocked to see a circle of bright white light being formed in the ceiling; the circle seemed to be getting bigger every second.

All of a sudden, with a flash of blinding lightning and a terrific sound, four figures appeared in the great hall. Question was how? Apparition was impossible within Hogwarts and more importantly who were they?

A closer look revealed the figures to be of four boys, each of them very well dressed in expensive robes. All of them held themselves with confidence despite the worry evident on their faces. The oldest one looked around 13, the second oldest around 11. The third boy looked to be 6 and the youngest no more than 4. They were brothers, their facial figures and green and red eyes were too similar.

Wait!!!

Green eyes? They were the exact same shade as Hazel's eyes. Careful gazing and Hazel could find her red hair, pink lips as hers, a button nose here and similar cheekbones there.

The story was no different at the staff table. Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape wore similar horrified looks on their faces. The similarities were too many and too large to miss or mistake. Dark brown wavy hair, sharp jawline, high cheekbones, lean bodies and red eyes, these could belong to only one person -

"Who are you? What are you doing here? In the middle of the great hall! Answer me! I demand you!", Professor Umbridge shrieked.

"Demand? You dare to demand? No one demands anything from us other than our parents", the second oldest spoke with such a fury, that it sent shivers down everyone's spines.

The oldest spoke,sardonically, "Well! I suppose we must obey your demand."

"I am Erus Charlus Potter-Slytherin, oldest son of Dark Lord Voldemort and Dark Lady Persephone"

The hall went pin - drop silent. No one dared to speak. Hundred questions ran in everyone's minds; no one knew which to pose.

"I am Ares Thomas Potter-Slytherin, the second oldest son of the Emperor and Empress of the wizarding world."

The silence was suffocating now. Hazel stood frozen, too shocked to speak.

"I am Hadrian James Potter-Slytherin, son of Lord Riddle-Slytherin and Lady Potter-Riddle-Slytherin"

Hazel clutched Ginny's hand in a bruising grip. Ginny didn't even realize, too shocked herself.

The youngest boy chirped, " I am Sirius Orion Potter-Slytherin, son of the rulers of the wizarding world."

If their looks did not prove their words to be true, their names left no doubt in anyone's head. There was no mistake in who they were.

The silence had grown unbearable, magic rippled in the air. So much to ask but no idea where to start. Just as everyone was waiting for someone to speak -

"The Dark Lord is dead! Stop your nonsense! Who are you and how did you get here? Answer me honestly and I might spare you! Potter! Is this another of your wretched tricks? Another cock and bull story to make people believe that the Dark Lord is back? I thought the punishments must have taught you a lesson! Clearly I was wrong! I'm going to make sure you don't utter a false word ever again, especially in front of your superiors!", Umbridge burst out.

The silence was broken.

"Crucio", a furious voice hissed. The oldest boy, Erus, her oldest son, had his wand pointed at Umbridge with the most dangerous expression on his face. Umbridge was screaming shrilly, in pain. Ares came and stood beside his older brother, an equally enraged expression on his face. The younger ones stood behind them, both glaring at Umbridge - it was such a strange expression on their adorable faces.

"How dare you insult our mother? You will pay for this! Filth!" Erus said prolonging the 's'.

Hazel saw Professor Snape pale. The Dark Lord did the same when he was angry.

"You dare to speak ill about the Queen, the Empress of the Wizarding World? You are not worthy to wash the floor she walks on!"

Dumbledore raised his wand, Hazel knew what was going to happen. Before the Stunning curse could reach the boys, Hazel had rushed to the centre of the hall, beside the boys and cast the strongest shield she could. She saw Dumbledore's eyes widen.

"Hazel", he whispered, "why?"

"You heard them! They are my children, my sons! I don't know what this is or how this happened but rest assured, I will not let you or anyone else hurt my children. All I've ever wanted is a family and in some way I have got it. You'd be a fool to think I'd let you hurt my children."

"He used an Unforgivable!"

"She deserved it!"

"She is your Professor!"

"Who does not teach. She tortures the students. SHE DESERVES IT!"

Hazel could see other teachers raising their wands. She would not be able to take them on her own. Granted Erus and Ares had their wands, they were only kids and Hadrian and Sirius were too small to even use practice wands.

Hazel suddenly felt two people beside her. She gasped on seeing Ron and Hermione beside her.

"We are going to be in so much trouble!", said Hermione.

"What? if we were ready to fight Voldemort for Hazel when we were eleven, you don't think that we would not stand with Hazel against you now that we are older?", questioned Ron.

"My love for Hazel surpasses my respect for authority.", said Hermione.

She saw the teachers cast spells, when all the members of the DA formed a chain around the trio and the boys and raised their own shields.

"We will always support Hazel in whatever she does, no matter whether it be good or bad, right or wrong!", they all intoned together.

Hazel looked at them gratefully, with tears in her eyes and a wide smile on her face.

'She truly did have the best friends!'