28| Normal

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Normal

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 28: Normal (Ronan's POV)

We were both lying on the couch, her on top of me while I twirled a strand of her hair around my finger and she held herself off from falling back asleep. "London." 

She lifted her chin, resting it on my chest to look at me. "Hmm?" 

I hesitated, staring at her. "What are you going to do about the store? I mean... you'll open it back up, right?" 

She paused in thought before nodding. "Eventually. Why?" 

I shook my head. "Nothing." I leaned forward, kissing her forehead. 

She frowned, pinning me with her gaze. "Why did you ask? Tell me." 

I sighed, "Some of the people have been asking my mom whenever she's out. How you're doing, where you're staying. Everyone's worried about you, rightfully so. You haven't really left the house in an entire month." 

"I went grocery shopping with you." 

"And you didn't talk to anyone or let anyone see you." 

She huffed, rolling her eyes. 

"And that's totally fine, London. You don't have to talk to anyone until you want to. But maybe show your face just once? Everybody was there, right? At the... funeral," I exhaled, "everybody came, everybody helped out." 

"And I am grateful for that, but I... People talk here, Ronan. If I don't open the store, they'll have something to say. If I do, they'll still have something to say." 

"Well then, it's a good thing you don't run that store just for them. You run it because you like it and your parents made that place what it is and then you worked hard and brought it to where it is today. I just think people miss seeing you around with a smile on your face." 

She stared at me and then put her cheek back down on my chest. "How can I be smiling after what happened to me?" 

I grabbed her waist and pulled her higher up, bringing her face closer to mine. Her eyes flickered between mine. "London, I believe in you, okay? You're the strongest person I've ever met. That's how I know that when the time comes, you will pull yourself together. But I have to try to push you a little now." 

"Because it's been a month?" 

"Because a month is a long time to give up everything and isolate yourself. What happened was absolutely horrible, I know. But we have to move forward." 

"Why does everyone always say that?" She chuckled dryly, "Even when mom... We don't always have to rush forward, Ronan." 

"I'm not asking you to rush, babe. You'll do it when you're ready, I know. But I have to push you towards it." 

She held my gaze. "And here I thought you're only here to be a moral support pillow." 

"That too," I nodded. "But I want you to come out stronger and that won't happen if you lock yourself in the house like this. You don't have to re-open the store now if you don't want to. But you should start going out sometimes."