Chapter 023

Jared Cromwell and Herman Easton walked out of the restaurant and slowly headed to the parking lot in the darkness.

Herman Easton finally could not suppress his curiosity. "This Mr. Hornsby..... "

Jared Cromwell glanced at him and said, "The general manager of Sky Light Construction, Andy Hornsby."

Herman Easton suddenly patted his head. "It's him. I remember him. Three years ago, Cromwell Group's business building in Yingjiang County seemed to have been constructed by Sky Light Construction."

"Yes."

"No wonder he seems familiar to me." Herman Easton nodded. "There's affiance...... between him and Cora Cromwell?"

Jared Cromwell was silent for a while. "They are engaged."

Herman Easton was shocked. "Engaged?"

It was shocking.

According to the situation on that day, he thought that Andy Hornsby and the doctor were a couple.

He did not expect Andy Hornsby to have engaged with a woman. So what he saw that day was just an ambiguous brotherhood?

Could it be that because he was gay, then he thought everyone had gay relationships.

Jared Cromwell went to his parked Maybach and opened the door to let Herman Easton in. He then went to the driver side, opened the door and sat in the driver's seat, but did not start the car.

"This case is quite annoying." Jared Cromwell looked at the front through the window. "Andy Hornsby and Cora Cromwell's marriage was organised by the parents of the two families. The main purpose is to tie them up for benefits."

Herman Easton agreed.

For the purpose of families benefits, the marriage without any emotional foundation. This was very normal among these upper-class families.

The more you live in reality, the more you can treat everything as a tool for you to benefit from it.

So did their relationships.

Herman Easton nodded. "So Mr. Hornsby and Cora agreed?"

Thinking of this, Jared Cromwell frowned. "Andy refused and always thought about breaking the engagement. But..... Cora is very happy with this engagement. You have seen it. During this period, Cora Cromwell would just stick with Andy Hornsby wherever he goes."

Herman Easton smiled and said, "Then Mr. Hornsby not even thinking of the way out?"

"He also wants to solve the problem as soon as possible." Jared Cromwell held the steering wheel with his hand. "But now this will not be allowed. It hasn't been a few years since Andy took over the throne, and there are a lot of people in the Hornsby's who are jealous of his position. This marriage is decided by the head of the family. If anything happens to Andy at this time, I am afraid that some people will take advantage of it."

Herman Easton slightly raised his eyebrows.

There was always undercurrents in wealthy families.

All kinds of benefits and schemes were mixed together, which was really a headache. No wonder Andy Hornsby looked so tired just now.

However, in this way, maybe Andy Hornsby and the doctor were really.....

Herman Easton was in a daze, and did not expect the car to stop halfway. He came to his senses and looked at Jared Cromwell who was opening the door.

"What are you doing?"

"You wait in the car."

Herman Easton waited in the car for a while, and Jared Cromwell came back. He sat in the car, closed the door, hesitated for a moment, and handed a beautifully wrapped bag to Herman Easton. "Take it."

"What is it?" Herman Easton took it and was stunned when he saw the label on the bag.

It was a handmade cake.

He knew about the handmade cakes from this store. The price of even a small one was sky-high. Ordinary people could not afford it.

He pinched the bag and asked, "Why did you give me this?"

Jared Cromwell started the car and said, "It's for you."

"I don't want it." Herman Easton refused directly. "It's not my birthday today. I don't need a cake."

The Maybach was driving steadily on the night road. Jared Cromwell looked at the road ahead. "You can eat cake even when it isn't your birthday. Eat it as dessert after dinner."

Herman Easton frowned slightly.

What was wrong with Jared Cromwell?

He suddenly gone crazy this day, invited him to dinner and bought cake for him. He had never done this before.

Could it be.....

Herman Easton's face suddenly changed. He turned his head and looked at Jared Cromwell's handsome side profile. "Are you..... being sympathetic to me?"