91. september 1st, 1971

SEPTEMBER 1ST, 1971

SEPTEMBER 1ST, 1971

ANNE ROWLE WAS stood next to her daughter Claudia Maple and her sister Gemma Rowle. The three were staring at the red Hogwarts express, two of them remembering their old memories from their years at Hogwarts, one of them smiling excitedly at the thought of what was to come.

Claudia Maple was a cheery and positive little girl, who had the best of social skills and the confidence like no other child.

It wasn't rare to find the girl trudging down the streets of London with her mum, chanting songs so loudly that strangers would stare. Not that it would face the little girl, however.

"You be a very good girl now," said Gemma, kissing her niece on the forehead. "Cause mischief, and annoy Dumbledore as much as you can!"

"Gemma!" Anne scolded.

"What?! I've never liked that man, there's something odd about him I tell you-"

"Maybe, but please don't talk like that in public," Anne said, though there was clearly an amused tint in her eyes.

Maybe she agreed with that opinion, maybe she didn't. Claudia had no idea.

Her mum was sometimes difficult to understand. She sometimes said things that made no sense, something Claudia one day would inherit. She spoke in riddles, which was both fun and annoying. Though, Claudia did not have a single poor opinion about her mum.

Anne was a free and happy spirit who wanted nothing but peace and love in the world. Some would even call her a hippie in the making.

Her mum was Claudia's favourite person in the whole wide world, and she knew that with the lack of a good father she had instead been blessed with the best mother in the whole wide world.

The floral dresses, pancakes, endless collections of feminist books and Frankie Valli records was something that could never ever leave Claudia's mind. Nor was the scent of fresh daffodils or the posters of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe that covered the walls of their little house.

Her mum was not only the best mum alive, she was also Claudia's best friend. Her best companion. Her kindred spirit.

And nothing could ever change that.

"I love you kid," Gemma said with a cheeky grin, leaning down slightly to hug the short little girl that soon would grow as tall as her mum. "See you later!"

"Where is she going?" The eleven year old girl asked her mum as her aunt practically danced off into the crowds of people who were filling up the platform.

"She has probably spotted that handsome young man over there," Anne chuckled as she pointed towards him.

"She really needs to sort out her priorities," Claudia sighed with an amused grin as Anne gave her a pointed look. "What?! She should prioritise her niece before men!"