twenty eight.

𝐒oleil's heart beat a mile per minute as she stood in front of him

    𝐒oleil's heart beat a mile per minute as she stood in front of him. She remembered going out the house mad, and that's where she saw him waiting for her.

She looked at him in the eyes and all she could make out was love and nervousness. Like she made him nervous.

" You have a weird way of protecting your goddaughter" she spoke up as she crossed her arms over chest. She understood that she couldn't be scared forever, and most importantly that Illyan wouldn't always be here to protect her.

" You have a weird way of greeting your godfather pumpkin" he smirked as he called her by her childhood nickname.

Soleil's eyes widened in shock as she heard the nickname roll of his tongue so perfectly. All the memories that she seemed to have forgotten magically came back.

All the moments she spent with him came back to her, and she didn't know how to feel about it.

" Why? Why'd you go?" she sadly asked. " I remember now. I cried and cried for days because you left me" she pointed.

" I didn't have a choice. I never left on purpose and you know that" he got closer to her.

" Nah stay back" she took a few steps backwards. It was not because all the memories started flooding in that she will forgive him so easily for all the pain he put her in.

" Angeline cmon, you know I'll never hurt you" his face softened. " I've known you since diapers" he reasoned.

" Wrong. You hurt the deepest part of me when you almost killed my lover. You hurt me when you sent someone in his house while I was there alone in the middle of the night. You don't understand. I haven't came out the house in weeks scared that someone might take my life" she snapped. " So for you to think that shit sweet is honestly ridiculous" she scoffed.

" That boy ain't no good for you" he scoffed.

" HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW ME! You should've stayed where you been at for the past seventeen years" she shook her head. Soleil refused to let someone she haven't seen for the past seventeen years talk about her and her relationship. Illyan was the right one for her and she knew it. Everyone knew it.

She then felt a reassuring hand press against her waist and instantly relaxed. " I gotchu'," he whispered in her ear.

" Please...if you really love me. Stay away from me" she spoke looking directly in his eyes. Soleil didn't understand why it was so hard to let go over someone she haven't seen for almost twenty years.