|CHAPTER FOUR|

THE PROMISE OF FOREVER

"I know we've had our differences, but we can try. Can't we?"
"Yes we can! We can try to make this work. We will try to make this work - no - We will make us work!"

Hazel woke up, for the first time in weeks, of her own accord - not because of nightmares, not because of her aunt's screaming and not because of her dormmates noise

Hazel woke up, for the first time in weeks, of her own accord - not because of nightmares, not because of her aunt's screaming and not because of her dormmates noise. She felt so peaceful. The view out of her window was so calm, so tranquil; she felt herself drawn towards it.

She woke up, took a quick shower and just when she was in the dilemma of what to wear, when her trunk and bag, which she had left at Hogwarts, appeared on the floor, she watched in surprise as the contents distributed themselves, and neatly arranged themselves in the wardrobes, shelves and drawers. A note had come as well,

'Hazel,

I had my Death Eaters bring your and your friends' stuff from Hogwarts. Later when we go to shop for the boys, you can choose acceptable robes for yourself. For now, I hope these are sufficient.

Tom'

With a big smile on her face, Hazel got dressed. While on her way, to the boys' room, she saw a lovely veranda. She leant on the railings and just looked at the beautiful gardens and felt the refreshing morning breeze on her face. She felt a presence behind her and a lovely sweet-spicy smell of coffee, cinnamon, sandalwood along with mild cologne.

"Enjoying the view? This is my favourite place in the entire manor.", Marvolo said.

"Yes, I can see why. These gardens are indeed beautiful. It smells of freshness and nature", Hazel said.

"I hope you had a good night and that the room was comfortable?"

"Yes Marvolo, I did."

"Good Morning Mum. Good Morning Dad", came two voices from behind. Turning they saw Erus and Ares standing, still in their pyjamas. While they were wishing each other a good morning, a loud "Mummy! Daddy" and "Mummy! Papa", could be heard and two little balls of energy attached themselves to Marvolo and Hazel.

"Good morning, sweeties. Did you sleep well?", Hazel asked. Marvolo just stood there with amused eyes and a fond expression.

"Yes Mummy. Erus told us a story", the youngest chirped, way too energetically for early morning.

"Well, let's go have breakfast then", Marvolo said.

At the breakfast table, the Death Eaters and Defence Association were already eating. The seats at the head and top of the table had been left empty. The boys and Marvolo sat down. The only seat left was the one next to Marvolo. He buzzed with satisfaction when Hazel sat next to him.

"Why Haz! We understand now, why you were so taken by that bloke in second year. What do you say Forge?", Fred teased.

"Why Gred! I completely agree. Our little sister sure knows how to pick men", George chirped.