ninety one - interactions

(Sons of bitches did it. Got to 1000 comments. With my help, mind you. So, congrats! Your effort paid off. You get another chapter!! Enjoy~)

“Hey chief,” Sasaki greeted as he arrived at the train station, where the others were gathered. “I’m not entirely sure I should play today, unless it’s, like, for one quarter,” He sheepishly rubbed his neck. “My butt hurts really bad—”

“I did not need to know that,” Riko looked slightly repulsed before sighing. “Fine, I get it. When we get there, head straight to the training room and stay in bed until I come get you, got it?”

“Yes ma’am,” The azurette playfully saluted. Then, it was time to get on the train. Suddenly, someone asked where Kuroko and Kagami were. I was wondering that exact same thing, Sasaki thought.

“Their basketball shoes fell apart?” Hyuuga’s jaw dropped at Riko’s next words. “Both of them at the same time? Are you serious?”

“Sounds like them, to be honest.”

“I didn’t ask you, Sasaki.”

“Right, my bad,” He glanced away, I need to stop randomly adding my two cents, like seriously. The only thing it does is annoy them, he frowned.

“Will they make it in time?” Kiyoshi asked.

“They’ll probably be okay on time,” Riko told them, “Our match is in the evening.”

“Oh look, we’re here,” Sasaki commented as the train came to a stop. As the doors opened, Riko was pushed out and bumped into several people before someone steadied her.

“Ah, sorry—” She broke off as she looked up at the person.

“Oh, are you okay?” He questioned, looking down at her for a moment before his gaze softened. “You should be careful.”

“T-thanks,” The coach replied, only for Hyuuga to burst in.

“Coach!”

“Hey, you’ve got to protect your girl,” The man who’d saved her scolded. Suddenly, though, his eyes narrowed as they landed on Sasaki. “Oh, hello Hayate-chan.”

“Uhhhh,” The azurette’s face twitched in confusion. “Do I know you?”

“No, but I’ve heard a ton about you from Sei-chan,” He cocked his head with a smile. “I’m Reo Mibuchi, nice to officially meet you.”

“Yeah, you too,” The two shook hands as the rest of Seirin just stared awkwardly.

“By the way, do you happen to know where Sei-chan is?” Reo questioned, causing Sasaki to hold his chin.

“If I had to guess, I think he’s still at my house.”

“Oh?” Reo’s eyes sparkled as he smirked deviously. “Did you guys get down and dirty last night?”

“Oh my gaaawwdd staawwwp!” Sasaki drawled, the two snickering. “But yeah, we did.”

“And how was he?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Dude,” Sasaki got a bit closer to him before muttering. “He’s a choker.”

“Really?” Reo seemed surprised. “I knew he’d be kinky, but choking huh? How interesting,” The two were suddenly pulled apart—well, Kiyoshi pulled back on Sasaki and Hyuuga got in front of him.

“Sorry to interrupt, but we have to get going.”

“Of course,” He hummed. “I guess I must have forgotten myself, so please excuse me,” He nodded to Sasaki before turning around to head down the stairs. The letters spelling out Rakuzan on the back of his track jacket were revealed, causing everyone to realize who he was, if they hadn’t from his introduction earlier.

“That guy…” Riko watched him go before turning to Sasaki and crossing her arms. “What was this about choking?”

“I thought you didn’t want to know,” The azurette teased, winking as Hyuuga facepalmed.

“Don’t fuck right before a game!”

“I’m sorry okay?! It just sorta happened!”

“It just sort of happened my ass!”

“Come on guys, let’s go. We can always pick on Sasaki later.”

“Kiyoshi-senpaiiii!”

~*~

“Sorry I’m late,” Kagami apologized.

“You’re late,” Hyuuga scowled.

“Did you get shoes?” The coach asked, the two nodding and responding with a yes.

“The Rakuzan-Shutoku game is starting soon—” Kiyoshi said, but was cut off by a gasp.

“Oh shoot,” Sasaki suddenly put his hands over his face, “Shintaro’s gonna kill me..”

“Huh? Why?” Koganei cocked his head.

“He’s so superstitious, the fact that I slept with Seiji yesterday probably means Seiji’s luckier today or something,” He grimaced at the poor way he explained it, and it showed on everyone’s faces.

“I did not need to know that,” Kuroko deadpanned.

“Wait, does that mean you can’t play?” Kagami’s eyes widened, the question causing the azurette to nod.

“Yeah, but chief said she’d put me in for a quarter or so, so go crazy while I’m gone,” He beamed. After that, they talked a bit about Rakuzan before leaving their locker room to warm up during half time.

As Seirin walked on, Rakuzan walked off. There, they met in the middle. “Hayate, how are you feeling?” Was the first thing out of Akashi’s mouth. He totally ignored the two beside Sasaki, happening to be Kuroko and Kagami.

“I’m pretty okay, still hurts a bit but I’ll manage,” He gave him a thumbs up, drawing a chuckle from the Rakuzan captain.

“That’s good to hear.”

“Yo,” Kagami pushed himself in front of Sasaki, almost protectively. The thought made the azurette snort. “You haven’t forgotten me, have you? You pulled some dangerous crap on me then,” He glared down at him. “I’ll beat Kise, and I’ll beat you.”

“Of course I remember you, Kagami Taiga,” Akashi affirmed, and suddenly Sasaki got a bad feeling while looking at his boyfriend. “I should warn you, only those who serve me are allowed to look me in the eye when they speak to me,” His hand was on Kagami’s shoulder then. “I never allow those who oppose me to look down on me.”

And suddenly, the redhead was on the floor. Sasaki covered his mouth with both hands, also covering the slight blush because friggin nuts that was the hottest thing I’ve ever seen. “Lower your head,” Akashi spoke as he was now looking down at Kagami.

“Kagami!” Hyuuga yelled, definitely concerned.

“Kagami-kun!” Kuroko stepped closer, wanting to help, but the Rakuzan captain wasn’t done.

“Tetsuya,” He addressed calmly, “If you intend to fight me, you must prepare yourself. I’m the one who discovered your power. You will come to realize what that means. As for you,” He turned his attention to his lover, extending his hand towards him.

Almost unconsciously responding and placing his hand in Akashi’s, Sasaki watched as he kissed the back of his hand and looked up at him. “Don’t push yourself too hard, alright?”

“Yep, got it,” He smiled back, not releasing Akashi’s hand just yet. Pulling him towards him, Sasaki returned the favor and pressed his lips to his lover’s knuckles. “Love you, Seiji.”

“I love you too,” Akashi smirked. “Now go, your team is waiting.”

“Yep! Oh, I should go say hi to Shintaro too, just so you don’t get all of my luck,” He winked, relinquishing his grasp on his hand and darting away.

“Like I need luck,” The Rakuzan captain almost scoffed, his jacket swishing behind him as he turned and made his way to join his team in the locker room.