Chapter 8

Night had passed by in a blur and the morning sun made its presence known. Anisha who had been lying facing the window scrunched her eyes, disturbed by the light and turned around only to have hot breath fanning her closed eyes. Disturbed she opened her eyes and came across her sleeping husband.

He looked so innocent and handsome at the same time. The morning sunlight casting a glow on his face making the sight unforgettable.

She thought about the previous night and how he had given her the position of his secretary. She was glad, he himself took action rather than waiting for her stupid mouth to even voice out her thoughts. She was glad he asked her to make the presentation. While she was busy admiring him lost in her thoughts, his eyes opened and caught the sight of his wife so close to him who was just staring at him.

Abruptly a smile broke on his face and the curve of his mouth brought the lady's attention on his face and then to his now wide awake eyes. A hint of red started seeping onto her cheeks and this caused his smile to become wider. She was cute!

Embarrassed at being caught she tried getting off the bed with a jolt when she fell down back on the bed with the same force.
She looked around for the culprit and noticed a bulky arm laying on her preventing her from getting off the bed.

If it was possible, her cheeks turned redder giving competition to a tomato.

" Let me go." she whispered.

He simply shaked his head in denial.

' Since when did he become so romantic? '

She glanced at the bedside clock and said, " Jii..."

" Le! Hum jii par wapas aa gaye?" ( We are back to 'ji' now?)

She blushed harder and tried getting his arm off her but he didn't budge.

" I will take my arm off on one condition."

She gazed at him with full concentration while he simply shrugged and said, " Call me Abhimanyu."

Her eyes widened, cheeks reddened and she shook her head no looking elsewhere but not at him.

" Jab tak nahi bologi mein tumhe kahi nahi jaane dunga."   ( Unless you call me Abhimanyu I won't let you go anywhere.)

Taking a deep breath she looked at him and said, " Abhimanyu."

Her voice was barely a whisper yet so soft and beautiful. It caressed him fully and made a bubble of happiness around him.

He grinned at her and said, " I couldn't hear. Can you be a bit louder?"

She gave him a stink eye and noticed his hold had loosened, quickly she pushed him off and ran inside the bathroom out of his hold. His laughter rang in the room making her smile behind the close bathroom doors.

After a quick bath and making a quick breakfast Anisha was sat beside Abhimanyu on the dining table having her meal when Daljeet asked, " Anisha beta, kal presentation banayi wo isse pasand aayi?" ( Did he like the presentation you made?)

She nodded.

Daljeet further asked, " To kya socha hai tumne padhai karogi ya naukari?"  ( What have you decided studying of working?)

Before she could answer a hand grabbed hers beneath the table and squeezed it. It was a form of silent support.

" Maa, inhone muje apne secretary ki job offer ki hai." ( Mom, he ( Abhimanyu) has offered me the job of his secretary.)

" And?" Daljeet asked curiously.

Every single eye focussed on her before she said, " Mein kal se office jaaungi. "  ( I'll join office tomorrow onwards.)

Supreet smiled proudly at the younger couple in the house and fished out a note of Rs. 500 and handed over to her, " Aise hi aage badhte rehna!"  ( May you always succeed!)

Anisha's eyes watered instantly and she went to her father-in-law's chair to seek his blessings while he didn't even let her bend down and pulled her to his chest.
" Betiyan dil me rehti hai. Aage se kabhi per nahi chuna mere!" ( Daughters live in the heart.  Never touch my feet henceforth!"

She nodded and simply hugged him tighter.

Daljeet pulled her off from Supreet's chest and hugged her saying, " Bas muje bata dena kab late hoga ya kuch taaki mein tumhari chinta na karu! Khub tarakki karna aur humara sabka naam ucha karna!" ( Just always inform me when you'll be late so that I don't worry about you! All the best and bring glory to the family.)

Overall it was an emotional morning and Abhimanyu smiled at the happy yet teary eyed wife of his. She was indeed special all he needed was a push to pursue this relationship and he finally was doing it.

After a while when Anisha was folding the dried clothes a sentence echoed,

" Agar imaandaari aur pura Mann laga ke koi kaam karte ho to safalta humesha milti hai." ( Honesty and dedication always lead you to success.)

When Abhimanyu had offered her the job this sentence which was often a preaching given to the siblings by their father bubbled at the back of her mind.

Her father is a hardworking, dedicated, humble man. She aspired to be like him. And even him, Anil, has always been proud of his little girls. Being a father of two girls he had always encouraged their dreams and gave them the wings every girl deserves.

Anisha grabbed her phone and called the number she had remembered since childhood.

After two rings the phone was answered,

" Hello dad."

" Yes."

Immediately her eyes filled with tears, he was still mad at her.

" Dad I have some news for you."

" What is it?" He asked coldly.

" I'm starting to work from tomorrow at inke (his) office as his secretary."

He hummed unable to express the feelings gripping his throat.

" Dad?" she asked tentatively.

" All the best." With that the phone was slammed shut bringing a whole bout of tears in her eyes.

'One mistake and they don't talk properly to me'