3 - Hickey

Yeji didn't plan on being where she's at right now.

She is looking out the window as they ride a coaster on board to their destination.

It's the time of the year when their company sponsors a team-building event for all employees. It's something she looks forward to every year as it always involves fun activities and free food.

However, this year, their team building is accompanied by a new employee her best friend Lia is infatuated with.

It was Lia who wanted them to sit beside each other on the coaster. It was too late when Yeji found out that Lia's plan was to put her on the third wheel.

And now, Yeji's stuck with hearing the lovey-dovey couple beside her flirt while she sits there, pretending she's having the time of her life too.

"How many are you on your team again?" Lia asked Ryujin.

"We're seven, including Taehyun," said Ryujin.

"What do you guys usually do during your free time? I'm curious, how does a group of artists like you bond?"

"Mmm, we're making fun of each other. The most common is editing someone's picture."

"Like?"

Ryujin chuckled as if she remembered something funny. "Like putting Taehyun's head on the body of a sexy-porn-star!"

Yeji couldn't stop herself from smiling while the two laughed as she can clearly imagine that picture. She feels bad somehow for eavesdropping, but she can't help overhearing the conversation because, well, the two are just beside her.

"How about yours, what do you guys do for fun?" It was Ryujin who asked this time.

"We usually play the game 'answer a question with a question'," said Lia. "Someone starts a question and you just have to keep answering each other with questions."

"Wow. Sounds hard."

"Yeah, I'm always the one who loses first."

"Does everyone in your department take part in the game?"

"Yeah, everyone. We even form a circle to make it more fun."

"Well, it just seems to me you have some serious teammates in your department."

At this, Yeji side-glanced Lia and Ryujin who looked at her too.

Lia held Yeji's arm. "It may not seem like that but Yeji can be a jolly person."

"Oh really? I guess I haven't seen that side of her yet," said Ryujin.

Yeji raised an eyebrow and turns back to look out the window. There's no way she's gonna fall for that. She's got nothing against Ryujin but she doesn't like to be branded as one of the newcomer's victims.

"You might see it sooner once you do a project together," said Lia.

"I look forward to it, Lia."

Yeji eyed Ryujin and saw the latter smirking. She responds with a glare.

Ryujin chuckled. "Hey, Ms. Hwang, I think you'll be prettier if you'll add a little smile on your face."

It may or may not be an innocent comment. For all Yeji knows, Ryujin's just flirting with her like how she does with Lia and her other victims.

Although Yeji thinks that Ryujin has this certain charm, an irresistible charm, like a magnet that can make any female hormones go wild, she swore she isn't falling for it and won't join that fan club.