5 - Lipstick

It was another busy day in the office. Ryujin is standing beside Yeji's table, looking frustrated.

"Oh c'mon, do you still have any other ideas?"

"I told you, it's the only one I could think of," said Yeji, pretending to be busy working on her computer.

It's the time of the month when she and Ryujin got to work together for a client again. Yeji was tasked to come up with an article while Ryujin's working on the banners and covers.

However, Ryujin seemed not satisfied with the tagline Yeji has created. And the latter is pissed about it.

Lia pulled her chair closer to them. "Hey, hey, why are you two fighting again?"

Ryujin waved the papers in her hands. "Well, Ms. Hwang here says that the tagline she'd given for the lipstick product is fine. I think it's too lousy. I need another tagline now because I'll be submitting this to the client later."

"Why do we need to submit two samples if that one is okay?" asked Yeji.

"That's the thing, Hwang, it's not okay. I can't submit this kind of result to the client."

"If you don't like the one I made then go create a tagline yourself."

Getting frustrated, Ryujin walked over in front of the terminal to get a better view of Yeji's face.

"We. Need. To. Talk," she said pointing a finger back and forth them.

For some reason, Yeji suddenly felt exposed. She slightly covered her face with a hand. "I told you, I ran out of ideas."

Lia finally stood up. "Okay, maybe I can help. What's the product all about again?"

Ryujin browsed the papers she's holding. "Well..."

Yeji took this chance to look at Ryujin who, well, looked like a cute monkey.

Although she hasn't fully accepted it to herself yet, Yeji agrees Ryujin has this charisma that somehow affects her.

Ryujin glanced up at Yeji in between scanning papers. Yeji withdrew her eyes immediately, feeling conscious.

Ryujin pulled out a sheet of paper and showed it to Lia. "Here. The product is a cherry-flavored edible lipstick. Yeji's article talks about the benefits it can give to women, which I think is already obvious. The tagline she used is--"

"Look and taste beautiful," said Yeji.

"See?" Ryujin shook her head. "Who do you think will buy that tagline?"

Lia laughed for a moment and stopped when Yeji glared at her. "Oops! Sorry."

"There has to be something better than this." Ryujin flicked her fingers against the paper. "This is not my field. You should be the one doing this."

"Seriously, girl, do you have a problem?" Lia carefully touched Yeji's forehead. "Are you feeling okay? It seems not like you producing something like that."

"I know. Sorry. Maybe it's just mood swings." Yeji sighed.

Truth is, she knew the real reason. It was hard for her to focus while writing that article because curious Ryujin was watching her how to do it.

"It's okay. At least Ryujin noticed the mistake before we submit it to the client," said Lia, lightening up the mood. "I can provide my input too."

"I have an idea to help you, ladies." Ryujin raises a hand. "Let's conceptualize something that benefits not only women but also their lovers."

"That's interesting. But how? Men don't usually wear lipstick," said Yeji.