107

May, 2021

THE BRITS

"Do we really need to arrive separately?" August asked, knowing the answer to the question already. She was seated at the foot of the bed in their hotel suite, already dressed and ready to go, save for the heels she was currently bent over trying to buckle them.

"I mean, unless you want the whole world talking about us," Taylor laughed, rummaging through her clutch. "Have you seen my lipstick?"

"Bathroom, I think," August replied without looking up at her girlfriend. "Not like you're gonna have to reapply it."

"What?" Taylor chuckled, reappearing from the bathroom with the lipstick she already had on in her hand. She stuffed it in her purse and August finally looked up to find Taylor watching her funny.

She grinned cheekily, standing up once her shoes were on. "You're not gonna be kissing anyone tonight."

Taylor pouted and walked over to August, crossing her arms over her chest. In her low-cut crop-top, Taylor looked absolutely heavenly. It was taking all of August's strength not to wrap her arms around the blonde and kiss her senseless. Plus, they'd paid a good amount for professionals to fix their make-up for tonight. She wasn't about to ruin all of their hard work.

"Hm, when they give me the award, I'll be sure to make-out with Tree," Taylor said with a little smirk, her face inches away from August's.

"See, personally, I would love to see that happen, but I don't think Tree would appreciate it all that much," August responded, her grin only widening as she imagined that scenario. Tree would probably be so shocked and pissed off and August would probably be watching from her own table, laughing her ass off.

"Eh, it's a small sacrifice for the fans at home," Taylor grinned, her hands settling on August's waist.

August wiggled her eyebrows playfully, beaming up at Taylor as their eyes met. "We could give them a show," she murmured, her eyelids fluttering as she gazed down at Taylor's plump red lips.

Taylor seemed to notice her gaze wavering to her lips and she ran her tongue ever so slightly over them. She knew exactly how to drive August crazy.

She wasn't going to survive the night.

"Mhm," Taylor hummed, a small rasp in her voice as she spoke low. "I do love keeping you to myself though. I wouldn't wanna share this with the rest of the world."

Her nose bumped against August's, her thumbs drawing circles on her waist and August felt the goosebumps rising all along her bare skin. The dress she wore didn't leave much for the imagination.

Just as their lips were about to touch, a knock came at the door. With a small groan, Taylor sighed and went to open the hotel room's door.

August smiled amusedly, grabbing her matching yellow clutch from the bedside table and joining Taylor outside. Tree and Jamie were waiting for them, both publicists dressed beautifully.

"We're gonna be late if we don't get going," Jamie said, typing away on her phone.

"Yes, mom," August mocked her playfully and all four women started heading toward the elevators where two of Taylor's security team were waiting.

"You two better not pull anything funny tonight," Tree said as they walked through the hotel's underground parking toward the SUVs waiting for them.