8 - Visitor

Yeji woke up seeing the beam of morning light from the window. She stretched her arms out and looked around. The moment the unfamiliarity of the bedroom hit her, she got up.

She brought a hand to her head after a terrible ache surged. The last thing she remembered is feeling her legs getting numb, then Ryujin and Taehyun are carrying her to the parking lot. She's not sure what happened after that.

She scanned the room. She saw a table alarm clock on the bedside table and realized it's already 10 am.

She found her purse nearby and fished for her mobile phone. She frowned because her battery is empty. Her mom would definitely kill her for not even calling.

She stood up from the bed and wandered around the room, wanting to find out whose house she's in right now. There's a picture frame on the table near the window. It's Ryujin's graduation picture with an older man beside her, probably her dad.

Yeji's eyes widened.

She panicked. She can't contain the idea that Ryujin saw her in that kind of situation. She's more embarrassed with the idea that Ryujin will see her now in her haggard appearance. And what's worst is she can't remember a thing from last night. What if she'd done something that she shouldn't?

She slapped herself for having a dirty mind. Then she scanned herself, still wearing her clothes from yesterday. And Ryujin is nowhere to be seen.

She found Ryujin outside the room, sleeping on the couch. Finding the scene cute, Yeji bent a little to inspect Ryujin's face.

She touched Ryujin's nose with a fingertip. Ryujin didn't move. Yeji smiled. She stopped when she realized that what she's doing is silly.

---

Ryujin is standing near an abyss.

She looked around to check if anyone was with her. There's no one.

Then she saw Heejin standing on the edge of the other cliff in front of her. She wanted to go there but there's no bridge anywhere. The cliff is too high, and she will die if she falls into the river below.

"Heejin!" she called out.

Heejin didn't turn.

"HEEJIN!"

Heejin didn't seem to hear her.

She took a few steps back and strode forward, running fast. Upon reaching the edge of the cliff, Ryujin jumped as high as she could. She thought she will make it--she was sure she could--but due to unknown elements, while in the air, she saw the gap of the cliffs became wider, making her land on both hands holding onto the edge of the other cliff.

"Heejin! Help me!"

She tried to rest her right foot on a stone bump but it cracked and fell immediately. She looked up and saw Heejin staring down at her.

"Heejin, help me! I don't wanna fall!"

"Ryujin."

She heard a voice. She was sure it wasn't Heejin's. She didn't even saw Heejin's lips move. She looked around and there's no one else but them. She looked up again.

"Heejin, please! Don't let me down again..."

"Ryujin!"

The voice was louder this time. She felt her world shaking and everything is falling into the abyss. Her left hand slipped its grip from the stone. She's now hanging with one hand.