The Mouse Circus

~For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.~ Romans 6:23

I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday! I wanted to work on Our Embedded Roots aaaannd I kinda don't feel bad about it!

_____________

"I really think you shouldn't do this, Cory." Worried, (Y/N) snuggled into her airbed anxiously after he broke apart and placed the cheddar near the crack of the door.

"It'll be fine, (Y/N). Shh." Cory grinned as he jumped into bed, giving t cheese another look before turning to face her. "Goodnight."

He then closed his eyes with a smile, and (Y/N) sighed, trying to get her boy to rest. "... goodnight..."

. . . . .

Almost like it was just as she went to sleep, (Y/N) found herself being shaken roughly by Cory and gave him dangerous look.

"Will you stop waking me up?!"

"I saw the mice, (Y/N)!" He didn't give a warning before grabbing her hand pulling her out of the bed, her yelps quiet as she managed to yank Cory's small blue blanket.

Running down the stairs, Cory almost slipped and tripped (Y/N). "Oh!" Before she could fall, Cory picked her up and sprinted into the living room. "Cory?! What the—!"

(Y/N) was cut off when Cory slid to his knees. Putting her next to him gently before opening the door, colors of purple, blue, and pink mixing together calmly.

He smiled, not bothering to pull his bow wild hair back again as he crawled in, (Y/N) gave him a crazy expression. She whispered harshly; "Cory, what are you doing?"

"Come on, (Y/N)!"

Gulping, (Y/N) took a deep breath shakily before tying the blanket around her neck, feeling a bit safer, she reluctantly and slowly crawled in.

. . . . .

"Welcome back, darling." The other mother gave her soft smile at Cory as he meekly waved.

"Hi."

"So thoughtful of you to send this nice cheddar, Cornelius." Cory hummed before smiling at the cheddar he used.

"Cheddar? Oh!" He whispered as the other mother wiped her hands. "The mice bait."

She looked outside the entryway of the kitchen, button eyes seeming to be curious. "Where is (Y/N)? She's usually with you."

"She's coming." as if on cue, (Y/N) peaked her head in, her hands clenching the blanket around her shoulders.

"Oh, hello dear!" The other mother smiled bigger as the teen scuttled closer to Cory.

"... hey." Not at all bothered by her dismissive attitude, the other mother tilted her head. "Would you go fetch your father? I bet he's hungry as a pumpkin by now."

"You mean my other father." Cory titled his head as the other mother simply gestured to the window.

"Your better father, dear." She said smoothly. "He's out in the garden."

"But Cory's parents don't really have the time to—" (Y/N) was cut off when a strawberry was stuffed in her mouth, the same same happening to Cory as she shushed them.

"Go on." She only smiled again as Cory nodded and took (Y/N)'s hand, walking out of the kitchen and to the garden.

. . . . .