A Show and A Proposal

~Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.~ Matthew 22:37

About a week ago, me and my family were having dinner watching insidious (we weren't actually watching it we were just talking—giving commentary!) and my sister said if she ever had a adoption center, her slogan would be "you make em, we take em" and I never laughed so hard in my life! 😂😂😂

______________

Cory was tense as he walked through the red velvet curtain, (Y/N) following behind him as a light blinded them. A Scottish Terrier has a flashlight in his mouth as he scanned the two.

He sniffed Cory's legs, growling quietly at (Y/N) as he walked down the aisle of the theater, the two follow me them as Cory awed at how many Scottish Terriers there were.

The dog led them to two empty seats next to Wybie. When he looked up, his button eyes staring at (H/C) haired girl who looked vaguely fatigued. He stood up almost alarmingly and ushered her to sit where he was, between the two boys and away from the 'glares' of the Scottish Terriers around them.

Cory was confused at his behavior, raising a brow. "Hey, Wybie?"

Wybie distractedly waves back, but kept his focus on (Y/N). She smiles tiredly. "I'm okay, Wybie... don't worry about it."

Hesitantly he nodded and faced the stage as Cory shifted in his seat. Soon, the lights died down and the stage lit up, the curtain parting to show a ship and waves. A fish rises from the bottom as one of the props pulled off the head with his fishing rod.

Cory's jaw dropped as (Y/N) widened her eyes, the blue haired boy snickered. "She's practically naked!"

The other Miss Spink started to dance side to side, singing. "I'm known as the siren of all seven seas. The breaker of hearts by the bay~"

She pointed to the crowed as her body swayed. "So if. You. Go. Swimming. With bowlegged women, I might steal your weak heart away!~"

She held her arms out as the scene changed, turning into a lake with angel props dangling from the sides, and in the middle of it... stood a nearly naked Miss Forcible in a shell.

"Oh, my goodness..." (Y/N) was shocked as she and Cory stared at each other before looking away sadly, instead watching the show.

"A big-bottomed sea witch May bob through the waves," she gestured to the 'sea' as her chest bounced with every movement. "And hope to lead sailors astray. But a true ocean goddess Must fill out her bodice-a!"

(Y/N) rightfully looked away and Cory averted his eyes when the other Miss Forcible grabbed her chest for a minute before letting them go. "To present an alluring display~"

"Oh—!" The other Miss Forcible almost fell off of her shell as the other Miss Spink took the spotlight. "Beware of old oysters too large in the chest, let's banish them from the buffet!" She giggled. "I'm far more nutritious—!"

"You smell like the fishes!" The scene changed back to the other Miss Forcible as she angrily pointed at the woman.

It changed again as Miss Spink held a hand to her ear "Did I hear a banshee?"

"You're sea green with envy!"

(Y/N) giggled at the display. It was just like them to argue in the middle of a show, other or not. Cory gulped and glanced at (Y/N) for the millionth time, his stomach in anxious knots.