The End?

~A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.~ Proverbs 17:17

Ohhhhhh, its the end! Some of you voted for more LAIKA movies so I might just do that, but after I'm done with Above The Surface and added a few more chapter for Our Embedded Roots And Rusted Shackles!

______________

Four months later...

White balloons were tied on the old gate together, some colorful as they spread about the garden. Flowers of many different kinds and colors planted within the soil between stone and root.

Cory, now sixteen years old with slightly trimmed blue hair, had it in a small ponytail on the lower part of his head, fixed the garden gloves on his hands before picking up a tray of ten drinks.

He turned and walked carefully towards Miss Spink and Forcible as they sat and talked while planting some roses. He smiled, his teeth showing. "Thanks for helping me and (Y/N), Miss Spink, Miss Forcible."

Miss Forcible took out her blue glasses and exclaimed as Miss Spink put down a rose. "Oh, look, April," she grab a cup as did Miss Spink. "Pink ladies!"

"Actually," Cory chuckled, his shoulders bouncing as his hair fanned the sides of his face at the action. "it's just lemonade. How's Angus doing?"

"Oh, much better, dear," Miss Spink smile and took a sip of her lemonade, turning to the Scottish Terrie dogging through the pizza box. "but he can't duck his wings forever!"

Angus huffed, wiggling his golden wings in retaliation as he ran off with pizza between his teeth, the table of roses that was supposed keep him still bumped unsteadily behind him.

Cory shook his head as he walked up the steps and to his parents and their friend, laughing loudly at his father's next sentence. "Here comes a burp!"

Charlie belched as Mel groaned in disgust. "Charlie!" (M/N) sat up from her crouch over the tulips and patted her hands, shaking her with a small laugh. "Ew!"

"Excusez-moi," Charlie placed a hand on his chest as if offended by their reactions. "but that pizza, that was delicious."

"Yeah, right. How about you plant some more flowers?" (M/N) pointed at the many tulips as Mel scoffed in agreement and passed him another set to plant. Cory stood in front of them, raising the tray of drinks slightly. "Cold drinks?"

"Oh, yeah." Charlie and (M/N) jumped up. Charlie went and grabbed two cups, handing one to Mel as (M/N) grabbed her own, she sighed and smiled at Cory. "Great timing, Cornelius! I was drying up!"

"I'm glad you like it, Ms. (M/N)." Cory gave a closed eye smile before turning his attention to Mel as she sighed.

"You were right, Cornelius." She shook her head as she glanced at the mud on her shirt, pouting. "I really hate dirt!"

Cory raises his eyebrow at this as she then softened and took a sip from the straw in her lemonade. "... But the tulips look nice."

"Thanks... Mom" Cory nodded gratefully, hesitating before walking away towards the bridge.

"Oh! And if you manage to find (Y/N), to bring some more roses over here!" (M/N) sternly pointed at the air as she slurped from the straw. "There isn't enough and I saw that dog run off with them!"

Cory laughed again, blushing at the girls name as he nodded. "Don't worry, I will!"

Stopping just at the edge, he Looked into the hole under the bridge, his smile dropping into a deadpan when he caught Bobinsky replacing the forget-me-nots with beets.

"That is possible..." he muttered as he replaced another forget-me-not. Jumping when Cory cleared his throat, quickly hiding the full sack of beets behind him. Sighing with another smile, Cory kneeled to show the tray. "How are the mooshkas, Mr. B?""

Bobinsky chuckled as he stood up. "They tell me that you two are saviors, Cornelius." He took the straw out as he settled Cory with a look as confusion. "And they tell me you and little (Y/N) have taken your relationship to the "next level"? What is that? A play?"

"W-What?!" Cory almost dropped the tray before fixing himself, his face red in mortification as he coughed. He wished he knew where those darn mice stayed, he wouldn't be in this situation—

"It means that we're dating, Mr. B." A voice giggled out, and a pressure hugged Cory from behind as his face rivaled the beets Bobinsky had planted in the ground. "For four months actually!"

(Y/N) chuckled at Cory's face as she took a cup from the tray, specifically (F/C) as Cory tried to get his bearings. He coughed so his voice wouldn't sqeak. "Uh... yeah—yeah! Four moths now..."

"Ah! Affections!" Bobinsky laughed in amusement at the display and took another gulp of his lemonade. "The mice are happy grateful and soon as they are ready, they wish to give special thanks you performance."

"We'll be happy to see it soon, Mr. B!" (Y/N) giggled as pressed her lips against Cory's in a short peck, making him sigh with love before a voice turned their attention to the outer gate.

"Wyborne, I know where I'm going!" Wybie lead an old woman in a yellow dress through the gate, waving at (Y/N) and Cory as she frowned at her grandson. "I grew up here!"

(Y/N) smiled at Cory a he smiled back, his blush fading as she turned to them and waved. "Welcome, Miss Lovat! It's so nice meet you!"

"Oh!" She turned to the girl and smiled warmly, as if she was never scolding Wybie. "Hello."

"I'm Cornelius Jones." Cory said as he fixed his hold on the tray and walked with (Y/N) towards the two, he nodded his head to her with a proud smile. "And this is my girlfriend, (Y/N). We've got so much to tell you!"

"Would you guys like any lemonade?" (Y/N) asked sweetly as Mrs. Lovat and Wybie nodded. "Yes, please."

(Y/N), Cory, and Wybie made small talk with Mrs. Lovat as everyone did their own thing, conversing and planting flowers as the clouds in sky above the Pink Palace parted to let the sun shine through.

The black cat rested against the post as it stood up and arched his back, stretching with a yawn. With a knowing look in his ice blue eyes, he walked past the post... but disappeared within the other side as if he was never there...

____________
Note: aaaaand that's a wrap! I loved writing this book—so many emotions in it! 😭😭😂😂

While I'm sad this has ended—I am never writing another book in whole month EVER again! Bruh its so tiring and stressful! 😭😭😭

___________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 1153