Chapter 99: The Start Point of Flying Skeletons Brigade

The knight who was guarding the gate into the desert at the village next to the Land of Death in the Caro Kingdom's Dubori territory was not very happy today.

"Crazy bastard, bossing me around like this because he's been a knight for just three years longer than I have."

The other knight was using his seniority to make this knight take the early guard duty.

The soldiers kept quiet and avoided the angry knight. They would probably end up dead if they ratted the knight out.

'He also takes all the money too.'

The money they made from people while guarding the gate was all monopolized by the senior knight. He did buy them drinks every so often, but how good would the alcohol in a small village like this be?

"He took those two gold coins for himself the other day too. Son of a bitch. You'll be in big trouble one day for taking-."

Tap! Something had hit the knight on the head.

"Ow!" The knight started to shout while rubbing the back of his head. "Damn it, what the hell! Who threw- huh?"

The item that hit his head and fell to the ground was a very small and round item.
It was a gold coin.

Money had fallen from the sky. The knight quickly picked it up and looked around. He did not see anything, even when he looked up at the sky. 'What the—?'

The knight first put the gold coin in his pocket and glared at the soldiers. He was telling them to keep their mouths shut.

"I guess you kept your promise in the end."

Cale got on the carriage they left with the innkeeper at the village and answered Tasha's question. "I'm just disappointed that it is not the same knight as last time."

"I will give you another gold coin if I return alive."

The knight that Cale had said that to was, unfortunately, not here at this early hour.

"I should have just jumped the wall last time too."

"You probably wouldn't have been able to save the two peasants if you did that last time, right, young master-nim?"

Cale pretended not to hear Tasha. He was annoyed that Tasha kept trying to talk to him. However, Tasha looked at the cold Cale with a warm gaze.

"It's cool in here." It was the most comfortable in this carriage that was fortified with magic.

Cale leaned into the chair and turned his head. A black blob was stuck against the window looking outside. Right next to that was an excited Black Dragon.

"Isn't it amazing?"

"Yes, Raon-nim. It is very amazing. Is that the village that I used to live in?"

"Even I do not know that!"

"Is that so? But I have never seen a village like this. It is so amazing."

Raon puffed up his chest after hearing the stiff voice. "The real sky does not seem to have an end. It is difficult to fathom. It is so cool."

"You can look forward to the night sky as well. That is even cooler. It is the coolest if you see it at our house. I will also take you around the Forest of Darkness."

"Thank you, Raon-nim."

Cale cracked a small smile after seeing Raon and Mary chatting with each other, before it turned cold again. "... Why are you looking at me like that?"

Tasha was looking at Cale with a gaze full of admiration.

Cale turned away with the very awkward gaze and shouted out the door. "Let's go!"