19 - Moments

"Are you done yet?" asked Yeji while she grooms herself in front of the mirror.

"Two more minutes, okay?" said Ryujin from the bathroom.

"Ugh! You're so slow."

The bathroom door creaked open. Ryujin stepped out. "Slow? You're the one who woke me up late, like five minutes ago, asking me to get ready right away."

"Well, I never knew that it would take me a lot of effort to wake you up, honey."

Ryujin approached her. "Are you done yourself?"

"Yes, I'm ready. Hey, what's that!" Yeji was surprised to see Ryujin's face still drenched in water, having an I-just-woke-up hairdo.

"What? I washed my face."

"And you're going out like that?" Yeji grabbed a towel to dry Ryujin's face. "Tsk. You're such a kid, Shin."

"Mmm... I wasn't planning going out like this, f-y-i," said Ryujin, her voice muffled against the towel.

"Whatever." Yeji dropped the towel and stared at Ryujin's hair. "What are you gonna do with that?"

"This?" Ryujin brushed her fingers through her hair while peeking in the mirror. "Let's just leave it like this."

"Tsk. No!" Yeji cupped Ryujin's shoulder and turned the latter to face her. "It's better this way." She fixed Ryujin's hair.

"Now how do I look, honey?" asked Ryujin, her thumb, and forefinger against her chin.

Yeji couldn't help but admire her hair art. Ryujin has changed into a new pair of a button-down shirt and baggy pants for dinner. The funny thing about it is the simpler she looked the more her charm shows up.

"You're okay."

Ryujin pursed her lips. "Just okay?"

"Yeah. What were you expecting me to say?"

"Anything but okay, you know."

"Ahm. Okay. Then what adjective would you like me to use?"

"I don't know. Maybe striking would do." Ryujin beamed, causing Yeji to roll her eyes. "Or maybe attractive, gorgeous, stylish, or dazzling."

Yeji cocked her head to one side. "I didn't know you were conceited, honey."

"Why, thank you, honey." Ryujin bowed. Suddenly, the door buzzed. "I guess that's our call."

Yeji went to get her sling bag while Ryujin opens the door.

"Hi, monkey!"

"Hey, heeki! Looking pretty tonight, huh? Where's Soobin?"

"He's almost done retouching his makeup," said Heejin. Ryujin laughed. "Well, you look charming yourself. That shirt looks perfect on you."

"Charming your face," Yeji muttered when she finally found her cell phone on the couch.

"Yeah? You're the one who gave this shirt, remember?" asked Ryujin.

"I know. I know. See? I always choose what's best for you."

Yeji made a face before approaching and looping her arm through Ryujin's. "Honey, I'm ready."

Ryujin turned to her and touched the tip of her nose. "Hey there, beautiful." She went back to Heejin. "Okay. Shall we?"

"Wait. Let's fix this first." Heejin stopped them to fix Ryujin's collar. Ryujin stayed still.

Yeji rolled her eyes.